Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help - OSCAR Data
Help - OSCAR Data
Good Morning Everyone!

I had posted on here about settings for my Airsense 11 but recently had surgery to reduce turbinates, maxillary antrostomy and septoplasty on both sides to help breath out of my nose better. Here is the new readouts. What would you change? I'm still tired and have a bit of aerophagia but think I'm getting used to it with the new settings 7 min, epr 3 and max 11. How do I get my events down and start to feel refreshed? Here are the readouts from last night (I usually get more sleep than this but had an event.):

Thank you all!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help - OSCAR Data
Looks like positional apnoea to me with the clustering. A bit of chin-tucking going on. Try a flatter pillow and soft cervical collar. 

For pressure I suggest you change the pressure range to 9-12 with EPR 3. Once you get the positional issues under control you can reevaluate the pressure range.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help - OSCAR Data
Good Afternoon,

I've tried to move the pressures up as suggested but I just cannot. Its been months at these settings and I'm not sure I feel any better at all. Is there anything else I can try? Or is it time to try BIPAP with higher pressures?

What about changing of masks? I'm not a mouth breather and I'm used to nasal but welcome to try whatever it takes. I sleep most of the night usually!

Lastly, are there any good sleep doctors that provide telehealth appointments? Its so hard to get appointments with my doctor and our options are limited in my area to get a new one. Plus I don't trust them at this point.

Thanks,
-Jared

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Oscar Data after pressure adjustment Tabster 5 109 5 minutes ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 37 1,495 2 hours ago
Last Post: quiescence at last
  New to OSCAR, need some help understanding my data sleepadventure 10 444 Today, 02:56 AM
Last Post: sleepadventure
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 13 456 09-16-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: citrus1
  [CPAP] Help interpreting OSCAR data andersh 0 91 09-15-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: andersh
  [Treatment] Newbie and oscar data Trasto 5 248 09-14-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 171 09-13-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.