Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Teeth , braces and tongue thrust
Teeth , braces and tongue thrust
So my teeth have never been perfect and even crooked.  Over the years they've gotten worse especially  the last year with CPAP , I've done research and read on tongue thrusting .

I love my health and wouldn't  trade my CPAP for my teeth.  I feel that CPAP has worsened my crooked teeth , but they were never perfect.  

So my question today is this a common thing ? Anyone here have the same issue ?  Anyone done braces or Invisalign while on CPAP treatment ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Teeth , braces and tongue thrust
The mask should not place pressure on your teeth, what mask system and size of the cushion are you using?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using a F20 and large cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
No mask should be so tight that it presses against ones teeth. It should just rest against the face such that when pressure is applied the silicone inflates to seal against the face. If it is pushing down tightly to the point of pain where it may be pressing against the teeth, then I guess it is possible that it could cause issues.

Watch some YouTube videos from LankyLefty27 on proper F20 sizing and setup. He does a grand job explaining things.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fisher & Paykel Simplus - Have you experienced teeth or jaw issues? jh1111 3 192 07-31-2024, 09:05 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Tongue Retainer compatible with CPAP? Unkikonki 0 160 07-22-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Unkikonki
  Tongue Stabilizing Device (TSD) for Mouth Puffing? Unkikonki 5 569 05-27-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Unkikonki
  clenching teeth, biting tongue JenniferJuniper 13 791 04-15-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
Thumbsdown Tongue Holder / Retainer with CPAP does not meet expectations. G. Szabo 8 783 04-12-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 713 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 1,194 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.