Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Translating settings from AS 11 to AC 10
RE: Translating settings from AS 11 to AC 10
Gideon,

As requested, the OSCAR charts...

One is for the whole night.  And the other is for the shorter period where there are flow limitations impacting breathing. but not rising to an event.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Charts from my first night with the AC10.  Two different profiles... the first part of the night it was near perfect!  No FL, good steady breathing....

The 2nd part of the night had its challenges.  Even going as high as 22 couldn't prevent some of the FLs, so maybe they were more positional??

Thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply
On EPR, EPS, PS, they are identical, yes completely identical when you look at the flow rate and mask pressure. I actually view all devices based on the resulting pressures for inhale and exhale. Yes the calculations are different. Why? IMHO because a CPAP only have one pressure by definition. It doesn't have two pressures until EPR is implemented, then it behaves identical to a BiLevel of the same pressures (inhale and exhale).

Titration 101

It is exhale pressure, not inhale, that splints the airway. On a CPAP not using EPR, inhale=exhale= pressure.

Differential pressure between inhale and exhale, called Pressure support, EPR is what is used to treat hypopneas, Flow limitations, RERAS and UARS. It is the difference between in pressures that is important, not what it called or how it is calculated.

On a BiLevel PS is either added to exhale or it is simply the difference between inhale and exhale
On a CPAP it is sold as only a comfort feature with no therapeutic v from the only alue and (EPR) is subtracted from pressure which is then technically the inhale pressure

Surprise, ResMed chose to implement this pressure relief feature based on its BiLevel algorithm,but had to accommodate the fact the a CPAP had no exhale pressure to add to so the only option was to subtract EPR from pressure.

Then the question comes about increasing pressure to maintain the splint treatment for OA. Yes it is a consideration but in pure CPAP mode pressure is used to also treat hypopneas and all other obstructive events and thus usually no adjustments is needed but that always needs to be verified after implementation of EPR. You certainly can increase pressure by the amount of EPR and adjust after implementation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Therapy comment

Your numbers, except for flow limits are excellent.

Your flow limits are clustered. Even with the lack of apnea and hypopneas events this still indicates positional apnea. Most likely

If you are using two pillows use one. Use a flatter less firm pillow. If that fails a soft cervical collar is likely to help. Read the articles on positional apnea and the collar in either case.

IMHO in the end you will use a much lower pressure and a lower pressure support. We can address that latter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update.  I've been trying to do 2 things at once: trial a bipap and change to an FFM.  So, given the poor performance the last few days, I went back to my P10 and mouth tape for the 2nd half of last night, and the charts show the difference.

Specifically compare the 2nd half of the night to my Oct25 chart from earlier.  It seems the bipap eliminates most of the FLs that I've been having, with only a few clusters which might be positional.  I know I need some more time to validate the results (one night does not a trend make), but it seems as though there might be answer here to the sleep problems I've been having.

Gideon, any thoughts??

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome aboard, on your AirCurve 10 VAuto try setting:

PAP Mode: VPAPauto
        PS 4 cmH2O
        EPAP 14 cmH2O
        IPAP  24 cmH2O

Post back with some OSCAR  Reports and we can guide you in from there.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the absence, but I was traveling most of last week, and when I travel, I use my AirMini, hence no data.

However, here are the charts from last night.  Ignore the fact it says Airsense 11, it's still my AirCurve 10 vauto; the SD card got mixed up with my AS11 and so now everything gets written as that.  Weird issue.

The pressure is set EPAP = 14, PS = 4; MAX = 24.  I'm wearing a soft collar, chin strap, and mouth tape with a P10 mask.  FLs look dramatically lower, and if it weren't for one CA, AHI would have been 0.  I feel refreshed, however only had around 30 mins of deep sleep, so still sub-optimal.

Per your suggestion Gideon, I changed my pillow.  I chose a tempurpedic that although is firmer, I find it keep my head much more stable than the poly-filled pillows I used before.  That might explain some of the reductions of FL.

I put two graphs up; one for the whole night, the other zoomed in on where an FL occurs a few minutes prior to the CA.

I'm travelling again starting tonight, but I'm going to try setting my AirMini to 18 with EPR of 3 to approximate the AC10.  I won't be able to record, but we'll see how I do.  When I return, I'll try the same with my AS11 and record the data.

Any thoughts or inputs would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Could you give a screenshot of 0528 to 0534.

I think that would give me a better view to work with.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 1,293 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 1,087 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  ResMed Adjust ASV Settings to AutoASV Settings ronsch00 4 4,002 06-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  SleepyHead Question: machine settings on Daily Sidebar don't match actual settings Kris the Crone 6 2,357 06-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Kris the Crone
Question Auto CPAP settings vs Auto BiPAP settings thasan26 1 2,919 05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: robysue
  translating results help dolf2786 8 1,899 04-23-2016, 01:41 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.