Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work?
Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work?
Hi all,

Just bought and received a travel size Breas Z2 Auto machine.  As known, these dont have humidification water chambers.  Instead it has this "heat/moisture exchange" (HME) filter thingy that is supposed to save and return your own moisture from your breath.  Looking at it, it seems to be just a dry sponge .   It does not interfere much with air flow which is good, But do they really work to "save" and return moisture to your breath?   what has been people's experience?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work?
I have used some 'Z1 Heat/Moisture Exchanger (HME) that I purchased through my online retailer. I used them when I was away for an extended time (10 days or more) and either wanted to conserve the energy my machine was using or wanted to pack lighter. I did use it with my DreamStation GO Travel CPAP machine for travel before the recall was issued...but it's gathering dust waiting...

Either way, I felt it did help somewhat to feel less 'dry' in the morning. However, I can't tell you one way or another if they are truly beneficial for providing some humidification, try one for yourself and see.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 12 1,271 Yesterday, 08:29 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 11 2,061 09-29-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: tiredguy1
  Anyone use CPAP sanitizing machines? sleepingbetterinFl 6 292 09-09-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [Equipment] Central sleep apnea - titration study didn't work blossom 1 205 08-30-2024, 11:55 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] I need help setting up my new travel CPAP 47chrisrodz 1 289 08-29-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  BiPAP doesn't work anymore ohno 1 215 08-22-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  trouble getting bipap machine to work adolfohxh 8 456 08-16-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.