Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters
RE: ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters
I haven’t used my nonin much yet but it’s not to bad, not any worse then the mask being attached to a hose and the machine, you get use to it after a bit. I cover my hand and wrist with a sock or pantyhose so it’s all covered lightly. The cord to the machine and finger probe is short but covering it keeps it from pulling off or getting caught on anything when sleeping. I move around a lot when sleeping so it works for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gotcha, I am used to a mask (hose hanger keeps the hose off my body)-but I can't get used to the feeling of something on my finger.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2024, 09:11 PM)Phaleronic Wrote: The nonin has the finger tip sensor, how do you sleep with that without it waking you up?  I've had a similar model and could not sleep well with it..

I doesn’t bother me. It stays on my finger very well, without taping. I occasionally adjust it as I sleep, pushh it on my finger better or turn it. 

I do find the battery changing a hassle. Wish it had lithium battery I could plug into charger.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been watching this post for a while now. I've gotten the green light from Kaiser to receive a new ResMed ASV, but they have no idea if it will be a Series 10 or Series 11 model. Yeah for me since in 2018 I had no DME coverage so I had to buy one out of pocket. Now with a different Kaiser plan, I'm 100% covered on DME, so this one is on them.

If it is a Series 11, I'd be up for buying the Nonin Model 3150 from eBay. I just put one in my watchlist a few hours ago for $200, new in box. Then fairly quickly the price dropped to $170, then just that quick the seller offered me another $8.50 off since I "appear to be interested".

Fortunately the seller posted a partial of the bar codes on the box showing "Model 3150  Wrist-OX2, BLE", and "US" (as in "Made in USA"), and "2021-01-22" - obviously the date of manufacture.

So my question to the group here is - the item is 3-1/2 years old, but new in the box. Perhaps new old stock from some distributor that went out of business? Don't know. The batteries are user installed AAA, so internal batteries being shot shouldn't be a concern. How about firmware of the device? Another bar code on the box shows "114187-001" which I would assume is an older product code for their "OEM BLE" model since Nonin's website currently shows "114131-001" (oddly the current one is a lower number) as the current model called "OEM BLE".

Of course the greater unknown here is, I don't know if I'll be getting a Series 10 or Series 11 ASV until it gets here. Kaiser's Sleep Lab doesn't know and Apria doesn't know either. Hmmm.... Kind of like Christmas in August I suppose.

Any comments, ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, I am an Apple guy. So, is the Nonin software from Nonin necessary for anything? I see that they have an iPhone/iPad App, but I don't know if those are really necessary for anything either. The App Store doesn't show much about it, and I haven't had the time to check for YouTube videos on the various apps yet.

Thanks in advance.

Ref: Nonin 3150 Models
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an AirSense 11 and purchased the 3150 BLE off eBay for $180, probably the same seller. While it wasn’t a sealed box everything appears new and was in new packaging inside the box and has everything needed. It works with the AirSense 11 with no issues just pair it in the menu options. Mine has all the same numbers on the box label. I don’t know if it works with an AirSense 10 but if you get an 11 shouldn’t have any issues with its function. Batteries are replaceable AAA, I use rechargeable and they last about a week. I don’t know why the manufacture date is several years old I assume they are unused from a medical provider no longer in business but don’t really know or where they were obtained from but they are new far as I can tell the one I received. I don’t use any other software other than Oscar to view my data but there is some internal store and device options you can view and change if you have a data cable which these do not come with but is not needed at least for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh well.

So much for thinking about getting a Nonin Model 3150 for my replacement ASV. I just picked up the new ASV from Apria today and it is a Series 10. So no marriage with a Nonin. But I can use the machine consumables I already have on the new ASV machine. I will pass on the Nonin for now, but for those S-11 users who are interested, keep your eyes open for eBay deals on the 3150-BLE.

Coffee
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2024, 09:11 PM)Phaleronic Wrote: The nonin has the finger tip sensor, how do you sleep with that without it waking you up?  I've had a similar model and could not sleep well with it..

A trick that I've used with my contec wristwatch-style pulse-ox is to put the probe on my 2nd toe (the one next to the big toe) and the "wristwatch" I then strap around my ankle. I put sock over it all and it stays on well.

The data is pretty wonky when I'm walking around, but horizontal in bed I get the same data as when I wear it on my hand and wrist.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to bump this up again as I just recieved a Nonin 3150 from ebay seller reliablesource44. It was new in un-opened box. Box showed white letters on device image, but device indeed had blue letters. Asked for images of the actual item and seller provided pictures of serial numbers etc that matched Wrist-OX2, BLE. Bluetooth synced up with Resmed 11 just fine and appears to be working.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have mine synced to ResMed Air sense 11. It will pair after battery install. Oscar software reads O2 and pulse data with 2 graphs. 16 vs 14. Crimson Nate got it working with lates rev of Oscar
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to keep two Resmed Airsense 10s running when power turned off? TwoSleepy 4 167 7 hours ago
Last Post: TwoSleepy
  Resmed airsense 11 water tank super7pilot 7 231 Yesterday, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Discombobulated
  Humidifer questions.. Resmed 10 Airsense beetee 14 303 10-19-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 96 35,113 10-18-2024, 09:43 AM
Last Post: frolic
  [Equipment] Higher AHI Readings on AirSense 11 than AirSense 10 Bmck8381 0 98 10-17-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Bmck8381
  Are pulse rate changes significant during sleep? UsuallyTired 6 262 10-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  SD card for Resmed airsense 11 buggy285 16 574 09-29-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: DraftZebra

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.