Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Help optimizing my AHI and sleep quality
RE: Help optimizing my AHI and sleep quality
Like you, I was in the habit of thinking it was time to get up, throwing my mask off, and then sleeping another couple of hours. Then Oscar would show I was only sleeping 5 hours or so.

I had to work at it, even if only to get more accurate data out of Oscar. I had to vigorously persuade myself not to take off my mask even if I imagined it was time for breakfast. After I worked at it for a while (I still sometimes screw up), I found that the quality of my sleep is noticeably better if I spend those last few hours of the night with my mask on. I feel way better just for having the two extra hours with therapy.

IMO it's worth working at!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, I guess it's time for a short update:

I raised the pressure two times and now use a range from 7.8 - 9.8. Unfortunately, it does not seem to reduce my AHI, yet.

Please take a look at the last night and a detail part of an OA event. Could it be possible, that it is related to movement (side to back position)?

Also, I do not understand the way my AirSense 10 AutoSet works. Why is the pressure only increased, when the OA event already ended? It does not look like it is raising the pressure directly when necessary. I've noticed this a few times already.

I am thinking about increasing the pressure further by 0.4. Thinking-about

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The pause occurred after you inhaled, so you might have been holding your breath as you turned over. I'm not sure, though; 26 seconds is a long time to hold your breath!

The pressure increases aren't able to open up your airway when you're in the middle of having an OA. Instead, the pressure increases after an OA in order to prevent another one.

I think you'd benefit from raising your minimum and maximum. You can do it in very small increments if you like -- maybe even just .2 at a time. I'd give it at least 3 nights at each new setting. You're looking for the lowest possible pressure that will head off most OAs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 212 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  Help optimizing CPAP settings mluck94 5 360 08-10-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 9 1,658 08-07-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: donsburg
  Help optimizing pressure/ minimizing aerophagia oliviaissleepy 3 222 08-06-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Suggestions to improve AHI and sleep quality Nykkuno 1 205 07-24-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Sleep quality excellent when I'm not in my own bed. High CAs? matt2 2 223 07-13-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  optimizing pressure for CA's and arousals Tom Tranquilo 11 675 07-11-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Tom Tranquilo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.