Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is high pressure better - help to optimize
Is high pressure better - help to optimize
Hello, would someone mind taking a look at my data and giving me a hint how can I optimize?
I'm on pretty high pressure settings and I don't know if that's a good route to take. 
I'm attaching some screenshots (with best AHIs, sometimes on all of the settings I'm getting AHI around 2) with 10cm, 12cm, and 14cm settings, and also a Statistics screen as changes can be seen there. There are also different Flex settings there. I'm just not actually sure when do I feel better, as there is so much going on with life that I don't always know if it's the CPAP that makes me groggy or just life, so I'm trying to go by numbers, and thus I'm now stuck, I feel like those higher settings aren't really better, and my throat is getting really dry (I've been also trying to experiment with taping and not taping my mouth - I'm using nasal pillows mask).

Any help would be appreciated Smile!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is high pressure better - help to optimize
Grzcar.

It would be very beneficial to know how you feel after night's rest that would be the number one consideration forget the numbers.

After 35 years of CPAP and seen the results and observations and comments by other board members it is become plain and obvious to me that there's no Rhyme or Reason towards numbers and correlation with how you feel

And don't feel discouraged with that because there's a lot going on that can be sifted out through numbers but for now....

how do you feel and 
how's your sleep hygiene 
is your mouth dry in the morning
Do you exercise?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optimizing CPAP - high pressures adlondon 3 156 09-13-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: georgesadam
  pattern in high resolution mask pressure in resmed device rberry1 1 130 09-11-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] Help me understand Oscar report and optimize CPAP therapy Oliverwoods 1 148 09-07-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] New Airsense 10 Autoset - Help Optimize Settings Led Head 2 152 09-05-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Led Head
  [CPAP] Help optimize speaker 3 150 09-02-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: speaker
  [Equipment] High leakage for high pressure michaeljayb 5 198 09-01-2024, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New User 1 week, still high AHis, thoughts? JacksonMahoney 4 188 08-31-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.