Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Auron's Therapy Thread
Idea 
Auron's Therapy Thread
Hi, I've just discovered that I can use OSCAR with my machine, and that I can ask questions here about how to improve my treatment,
so I'm opening a thread to see if I can improve my situation.

Background Info:

Sleep study:
In my first sleep study 5 years ago, in my teens, an hourly AHI of 9 has been recorded, in my current sleep study (this month) an hourly AHI of 20 has been recorded.

CPAP:
Until yesterday I've been using Lowenstein's PrismaSmart and now I've switched to Lowenstein's Prisma 20a.

Mask:
Am using P10, only two masks practically worked for me, which are Resmed P10 and DreamWear Gel Pillows. (although I've tried more)
I was not able to handle a full face mask (F&P Vitera), as I either need to seal it too tight, which hurts (and still gets me a bad sleep, stats backed), or too loose, which leaks.
I mark my masks btw, so the fit is as close to perfect as possible, or at least, accurate and repeatable.

Additional info:
I am not overweight, and I am primarily a nose breather during the day, for a few years even an 100%.
I also suffer from a dust allergy that although I do my bed to mitigate, might interfere with my treatment, as it blocks my nose.

Also, Although my sleep apnea is considered "mild", nothing about my symptoms was "mild" I was and am dealing with high levels of fatigue, and tiredness, and my sleep is affecting my life severely, although symptoms improved, I believe there is also something to the way I breathe and effort I exert while breathing somehow disguising shallow sleep through low AHI.

Current question:
Is there something you can tell me about my sleep from my OSCAR results?
Anything I can do better? Any leads / causes of problems?

I'm attaching two screenshots, one of my OSCAR log from yesterday (old prismasmart cpap, and one from today, new prisma 20a)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Auron's Therapy Thread
I suggest starting with a slightly higher pressure and adding a wee bit of pressure support.

Try this:

PAP Mode APAP
Min pressure 7
Max pressure 12
SoftPAP 1
Softstart Off

Give that a go for a few nights and let us know. Also, if you normally use a higher pillow, see if you have a flatter pillow around as well. We want to get the flow limitations a bit more under control and that will help along with a bit more pressure and pressure support.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zeno's therapy thread Zeno 10 236 4 hours ago
Last Post: Zeno
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 108 2,486 4 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Brigabart's Therapy Thread Brigabart 10 228 Yesterday, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  sleepyveem's therapy thread sleepyveem 10 420 09-14-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: sleepyveem
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 100 6,069 09-13-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] PSG1 - Therapy Thread PSG1 19 2,910 09-12-2024, 08:25 AM
Last Post: PSG1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,996 408,474 09-11-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.