Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Straining to inhale
RE: Straining to inhale
OK copy on the CA aspect. So I'll call that a handful were present in the diagnostic.

This will probably sound generic, but experiment with what others are suggesting, find a sweet spot middle ground that avoid CA while allowing comfortable therapy that treats the rest of the events. I specifically say avoid, because with anything other than a specific CA treatment device, avoiding is the best you can get.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Straining to inhale
If this is an APAP (not sure if all S11 are APAP like all S10 are not all APAP) why fix the pressure at 8? Sure it is more than 6 which can't help much (e.g. not so easy to inhale), but it is an intelligent machine which can deliver a more optimal experience than one value. 

CPAP is fine and I use it when I travel so I have no choice (set at the mean of OSCAR values from APAP), but I'd suggest setting it from 7-12 (not that the upper number matters if it won't be reached) and EPR of 3. 

Oh, and turn ramping off. I don't understand the benefit of not getting near enough pressure for half an hour vs. getting it PDQ if you will get there anyway.  I found it very hard to wait for proper pressure so I go from zero to the initial level of 7 on APAP in about 4 seconds. You can feel it when it becomes easy to breathe.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inhale/exhale ratio supyasieve 6 240 9 hours ago
Last Post: DreadPirateRawburts
  Resmed Airsense 10 - Whale Noises inhale/exhale onedollar 9 863 06-24-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  What is this breathing pattern? Regular inhale, almost flat exhale cqrmskaprd 10 609 06-22-2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: cqrmskaprd
  F40 mask making a pitched whine noise on inhale? alwyns42 7 764 06-08-2024, 08:48 PM
Last Post: brokensleep57
  jagged inhale--machine malfunction? mayalass 7 763 10-13-2023, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Normal for exhale peaks to be much greater than inhale peaks? stony82 4 831 09-20-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: stony82
  Woke up with pain on every inhale tactics 5 924 04-21-2023, 02:44 PM
Last Post: emmylouwho

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.