Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] tortellini - Therapy Help
Airfit F40 short tube
I was a fool and left the short tube that connects my F40 mask to the main hose in the drying rack after cleaning it. My cats thought it was a fun toy and chewed holes in it. Learned my lesson.

I can find the frame + tube, but I literally only need the tube. Is there anywhere that would sell me just the short tube, no frame, no headgear?

I even tried jerry-rigging the elbow adapter from the F40 (thankfully intact) with a short tube from other mask brands I've tried (Amara View, Evora full face), but no dice.

I guess I'm sleeping with the Evora full face until my replacement frame + tube get here. I did order them but if I can get just the tube I'll return the frame + tube unopened.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit F40 short tube
I only see the tube available with the frame too, remember two is one and one is none regarding redundancy with medical equipment Smile Keep that spare frame Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit F40 short tube
Resmed short tubing for Swift? Vendor #38. The P10 might also have a hose like that?
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP vs. AutoSet mode
I'm a bit stumped - I have data for 2 nights in a row with CPAP pressure 9 cm H2O/3 EPR that were AHI 11.21 and AHI 3.79. I have data for another 2 nights in a row with AutoSet 8-10 cm H2O/3 EPR that were AHI 7.79 and 4.39.

Which should I go with, if either? And if I shouldn't go with either of these, which settings should I be going with?

These settings came from another thread of mine where I was just starting out with the default 4-20 and got some genuinely helpful suggestions.

I can only attach 3 screenshots at a time so I chose to attach the two CPAP screenshots in this post. I'll attach the AutoSet ones in another reply.

And here are the AutoSet screenshots.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP vs. AutoSet mode
FYI, your second “auto” screenshot is for a fixed night.

My opinion is neither is sufficient pressure. I suggest going with a wider range on your APAP settings to find where the 95% and 99.5% percentiles land. From there you can decide whether to go with fixed or auto mode.

Try something like the following:

Mode APAP
Min pressure 8
Max pressure 15
EPR 3 full-time
No ramp

That should give a good idea after a few nights of use.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP vs. AutoSet mode
tortellini;
On Your Autoset 8 to 10 graph Your maxed out at 95% and 99% ..
Almost maxed out at 50% ..
Try Autoset 8-15 cmh2o EPR 3 and post a chart in a couple days ..
How do You feel during the day ??
The object is to feel good not to chase AHI numbers ..
You might ask Sleeprider or one of the other MODs to merge Your
treatment threads it makes keeping track of Your treatment much easier !!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: tortellini - Therapy Help
tortellini - Your previous 4 threads were all related with your therapy. For this reason, they have been merged to keep your history in one location,. This provides the reader a central point for your history. Please use this thread for all your therapy related posts. I have renamed your thread to, "tortellini - Therapy Help" to be more inclusive.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar Lorrubdb 395 24,469 06-21-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lorrubdb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.