Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trim Oscar Backup Folder
Question 
Trim Oscar Backup Folder
Any way to automatically (preferred) or manually trim the OSCAR Backup folder?   I noticed my Onedrive was getting full, and I had 15GB of OSCAR backup data.  A few were from older machines, so I removed them.  I'm currently at 1GB.   Just wondering if there is a way to trim them, automatically or manually.   I did change the option to compress files.  Not sure if that will help a lot. How long do I need to keep the files in the backup folder? a few days?

Specifically, the folder that seems to be filling up is:
C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents\OSCAR_Data\Profiles\oscarname\ResMed_xxxxxx\Backup\DATALOG
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trim Oscar Backup Folder
Look in the /Backup/DATALOG folder. You will see that the backup data is further separated by the year. Either move or delete the unwanted years.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2024, 09:22 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Look in the /Backup/DATALOG folder.  You will see that the backup data is further separated by the year.  Either move or delete the unwanted years.
- Red

So it's ok to just delete files/years?   Cool!
Any automated way?   Does it just grow forever?
Post Reply Post Reply
There isn't any automated way. You'll just have to let your fingers do the walking.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Syncing Oscar data folder between computers Stefanyshyn 2 289 07-29-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Stefanyshyn
  OSCAR Backup-journal function does not export any data (days)? DozyLamb 0 172 07-22-2024, 05:13 AM
Last Post: DozyLamb
Question OSCAR data folder change oolong 3 492 06-15-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 479 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Moving the Oscar_Data Folder on M1 Mac DaRef 4 957 11-11-2023, 11:07 PM
Last Post: DaRef
  Automatic Wi-Fi SD Card backup? YouTakeMyBreathAway 1 801 01-08-2023, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD Cards - backup [SOLVED] Post 11 ApneaticBill 39 3,315 12-07-2022, 10:05 PM
Last Post: ApneaticBill

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.