Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UF#2 Improvements?
UF#2 Improvements?
I am starting to dial in my therapy and wanted to ask the group a simple question which may turn out to be a larger discussion. I am now looking at lowering my User Defined Flow Limit #2 (70% Flow Restriction, Event Duration 7.00s) in OSCAR and asking what would be the best way to achieve this? 

Would it be lowering pressure, upping the pressure, lowering pressure support, or lowering pressure support if anything at all? Many of my nights consist of frequent arousals and may have found the culprit, but I could be wrong. I noticed looking back on historical data, that lower pressures had less UF#2 identified, but this could be a coincidence, I'm not sure.

Attached is last nights data from OSCAR:

16.0/12.0 PS4.0 (Been using these settings for 65 days now consistently)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UF#2 Improvements?
We could better help you if you set up your Oscar chart differently.  We need to see the following items, and these only, in the order listed:

Event Flags
Flow Rate
Pressure
Leak Rate
Flow Limits

We need to see to the very bottom of the Flow Limits, but no further.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm currently running in S-mode, so flow limits do not show, just my user defined UF#2. My pressure is fixed at 16.0/12.0 PS 4.0.

Post Reply Post Reply
Can you show the pressure graph tho?

to me it looks like positional issues. your flow rate noticeably diminishes during event clusters. what position do you fall asleep in? most events seems to be right after you fall asleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
I did notice this as well, but I always sleep on my side at night. The pressure is set to 16.0/12.0 in S-mode so there are no variations in pressure.

Looking to see if I can lower the pressure or pressure support to have less arousals.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 1,080 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 511 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 626 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  New user - Tired despite improvements with CPAP GuyIncognito 11 1,128 01-15-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP trial - Improvements but exhausted still prairiesleeper 7 733 10-02-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Settings Improvements Requested bcurtiswx 4 561 02-17-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Melman
  [Treatment] CPAP going well, but looking for advice on further improvements dohminus 0 659 12-26-2022, 08:08 PM
Last Post: dohminus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.