Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Uars/need help please
Uars/need help please
I have UARS ,a titration study said to do 8 EPR3 but they don't test correctly or completely understand UARS. I have no AHI really , lots of arsouals and rid also plmd movement . I have been doing horrible on cpap , I tried upping my pressure, vcom, lowering EPR. I still can't figure out hoe to sleep through the night .I m in a full face hybrid because if I tape my breathing is worse , and my nose clogs a lot, bad LPR and Gerd , some kind of pain on right side of throat when I yawn ? I think I have soft platte issues especially on exhale . My stupid doctors think I should be fine Im not , some nights if i clog up I don't sleep at all, others I wake up a ton in REM esp.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Uars/need help please
hey Jlsdsc,

many UARS patients will need a much higher pressure than the "optimally titrated" one they get from a lab, because many labs don't treat for SDB events but instead more narrowly for AHI or RDI. This poses a problem for patients who's events are generally more subtle, which could be the case for you.

There is also a chance that CPAP may be limited in what it can resolve for you, but that's not something we can know given what information you have shared so far, and so it's a bridge that can be crossed when needed, should you arrive at it.

You still have flow limitation, and your flowrate does sort of look like palatal prolapse, but it's not very clear given the resolution you shared.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Recently diagnosed with UARS and prescribed Bilevel. Need help with settings. cloudwalker 7 536 09-29-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Jlcdsc
  Bilevel self-titration for UARS ChickenTenders 11 680 09-26-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ChickenTenders
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 32 4,968 09-25-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: SenatorBirch
  Early waking, unrefreshed sleep, UARS? WinnerFieldman 1 200 09-19-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: WinnerFieldman
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 5 409 09-16-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Potential UARS BiPAP Advice gce799 6 637 09-09-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: gce799
  Nose congestion and UARS Jstalez 14 884 09-08-2024, 07:07 AM
Last Post: SeePak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.