Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Variable Breathing
Smile 
Variable Breathing
Hi All, I am new to the forum and newer to the CPAP world. I have been only able to keep my CPAP on for about an hour or two at night. I usually wake up starving for air I then just take the mask off so I can get a good night sleep. I just recently downloaded Oscar and it shows that I have lots of hypopneas punctuated with variable breathing at 30-40 percent. Is this still considered OSA? Any thoughts or suggestions would be awesome!

DreamStation2
Nuance Mask
CPAP 5-15
AUTO FLEX 3

Thanks All!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Variable Breathing
Hi tvidito!  -  Welcome

First, please use the F12 key to take the screenshot.  This removes the calendar and provides more room for pertinent data that is below it. Also, a screenshot of a full night is preferable.  

Now your charts.  Unlike a Resmed, the A-Flex setting of 3 can put the DS2 out in left field.   Try setting it to 2.  Again, the DS2's algorithm is an after the fact type of operation.  For this reason, I suggest that you set your minimum pressure to 10 cm.  Anyway, most adults will feel air starved on pressure below 7 or 8. You can leave the maximum where it is.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Variable Breathing
Thank you for the quick response Crimson! I will try those settings tonight and see if it helps.

Thank you, Tim
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ? gregbe2000 27 692 10-01-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: gregbe2000
  Bad at Breathing Haldir 36 1,393 09-27-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] AHI suddenly high as well as PB and variable breathing tresero 5 228 09-24-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: tresero
  [Health] Breathing Exercises Better Sleep or not? seepapnyc 0 159 09-11-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: seepapnyc
  Periodic Breathing Strategies? mark.apnea 2 264 09-11-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: mark.apnea
  Odd breathing patterns katbrat 9 348 09-07-2024, 09:06 PM
Last Post: katbrat
  Resmed 10 vauto can hear breathing Officialdee 6 252 09-07-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.