Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleepyveem's therapy thread
RE: sleepyveem's therapy thread
Thanks for the advice larrygreg- I have the n30i also, how does that compare to the dreamwear?  To me, they are very similar. 

I am using the p30i on the n30i frame and I think the leaks are less. But I need to perfect the mouth leaks, including possibly shaving some so that my mouth tape will be able to stay on. Right now I just got the Nexcare strong hold tape which is very strong so that’s something I’m evaluating. 

I’m also going to try to use a thinner pillow as I heard that helps. I currently use a decently thick memory foam pillow so I hope the thin one works better. 

I’m not there yet on the cervical collar as I do think the mouth tape might prove to be effective. Let’s see how these changes help or aggravate the situation.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleepyveem's therapy thread
Hi all, I'd love some help.  I'm trying to self-titrate using the Resmed titrating manual.  I've been feeling like crap after the last 2 nights of sleep, and my thinking is that some of that is caused by the increase/decrease in pressure.  So I set my Resmed to CPAP mode at 6.4cm with EPR=2 to see how that would go.  I had a great night of sleep, but it included a LOT of tossing and turning and wake-ups and mouth leaks.  I think part of the reason I feel great is b/c I was in bed for 8.5 hours.

Here are my questions below:

-I see a lot of CA's - and based on the manual, I should lower the pressure by 1.  I'm going to do it more incrementally so I will lower it to 6cm tonight.  This should also help with the extensive mouth leaks.  
-Is there anything to say about this of CA's towards the end my sleep?  I do notice arousals throughout the entire night, but at this point, it feels average.  I think some of that is due to age (I am 45) and some due to my body changing (I have lost some weight and gained a bit back).
-Speaking of leaks, I am using micropore tape and notice that by the morning, one side opens up and my mouth leaks air.  I also had chipmunk cheeks at some points through the night, so I think I let it leak out or I swallowed the air (I know that's not ideal but I just did it quickly).  I think lowering the pressure to 6cm should help with that.
-I have read that EPR sometimes causes CA events.  Its currently set for 2; should I lower it or eliminate it?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fantasieimpromptu - Therapy Thread Fantasieimpromptu 10 126 6 hours ago
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu
  Angela's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 1 68 Yesterday, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 112 2,845 Yesterday, 09:36 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Zeno's therapy thread Zeno 10 320 09-16-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Zeno
  Brigabart's Therapy Thread Brigabart 10 276 09-15-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 100 6,123 09-13-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] PSG1 - Therapy Thread PSG1 19 2,934 09-12-2024, 08:25 AM
Last Post: PSG1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.