Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Warnick13 Therapy Help
RE: Newer CPAP User, still snoring
Thanks RoboBob.  I think the mask fit is good....finally.  Sits just below my lower lip and is comfortable at the nose bridge.  I initially started out with the AirFit F20 but it was not a good fit for me.  Heading to Mexico for a week on Saturday and taking this contraption with me so wanted to see if I should just keep where I'm at; tomorrow will be the 3rd day on the changed settings so hopefully that will be a good place to re-evaluate. And shoot, I just noticed my data chart is not formatted properly. Will fix that shortly and repost.
Post Reply Post Reply
Stick with what you got, just taking tha machine is stress enough.

If you have the case that came with it everything packs up nice and there is a strap for shoulder, but also a strap that sits over your suitcase handle.

And, your machine counts as medical equipment so you can carry it on and it doesn't count against your carry-on bag limit.  Never let it out of your posession and never put it in a suitcase that is checked.

You can print out the airline rules on medical equipment and keep it handy for the times when the gate agent or flight attendants didn't get the memo.  And on a full flight you can generally get on earlier so you have the ability to stow it.  I generally take a few clear small trashbags with me when I fly and then put the cpap along with portable concentrator in their own and put them on the floor under the seat in front of me.  The bags keep the floor yuck from coating the outside of the cases.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tips!  This is my first time taking it with me on vacation; I should have last year when we went away but figured it was too much hassle and left it behind.
I've got the travel bag for it and let the airline know that I am bringing it so they have noted that on our reservation.  Any issue at security that you have run into when going through screening?
Post Reply Post Reply
None so far, they generally just want it through the xray and are happy.  I had to open it once but that was a general 'extra screening' thing.

The most fun part is getting bottled water at your other end.  You can use tap if you can drink it and just clean the tank when you get back.  No matter which you do you are better off emptying it every morning and letting it airdry during the day.  If the place may have dust or other particulate in the air I would just lay a hand towel over it when it is open.

One other tip - cpap wipes - just take a ziplock with what you will need in it or get a set of "portable" ones.... I got a 10 pack of single wrapped ones for $1.50 at the king sooper the other day.  In a pinch babywipes will do even though they aren't quite as strong and some leave a lotion residue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry here is last night's results

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Morning, here are my last three nights on 9.0 cm min pressure, EPR 2.  Overall, I feel pretty good in the morning.  No brain fog, no headache, not feeling tired.  I do take prescription medication for sleep as I have anxiety/depression and my brain will not shut down at night (constantly worrying about dumb stuff!).  As far as leaks go, it looks and feels like I've done a better job at controlling them; some may still be due "chin tucking" but I am not 100%.  With snoring, I can't say that its improved; I asked my wife if she has heard me but she has been dead asleep (and snoring - not as bad as me LOL) before I go I fall asleep so I don't have any feedback from her.  

Is 9.0 my magic number or should I try an increase in pressure and change EPR or stick with what seems to be working?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I would stay with current settings while traveling. Travel, whether it's business or vacation sometimes plays havoc on your sleep, so there's no point in adding to that by making unnecessary changes.

When you return, give yourself a few days to get back to normal, then post a couple graphs.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks OpalRose, good advice with the travelling.  Seeing as this is first time I will be taking my CPAP with me anywhere, it does make sense to just let it be until returning.  I appreciate your help with this, I'm finally starting to feel like CPAP therapy is starting to work after struggling for so long with no support.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a quick update on the snoring - my wife informed me that it has definitely improved and she can’t hear me over the CPAP machine like before
Post Reply Post Reply
Enjoy your trip, you look much better than when you started.

The ahi number is just an easy guide, not something to chase to zero...what is important is how you feel
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar Lorrubdb 395 24,750 06-21-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lorrubdb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.