Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What is this weak air noise??
What is this weak air noise??
Hi,
I have been using my Resmed 10 for a while and now using an Airsense 11 with nasal pillows. I have it set to CPAP 7.2 and EPR at 1. 
7.2 is about as high I can go with out swallowing too much air and getting too uncomfortable. I have noticed on both machines, only as I fall asleep and relax, that upon the end of an exhale, and as I start to inhale, the air of the machine starts to make a weak puttering sound, keeping me awake. It sounds like me or the airs pauses at the end of the exhale and becomes very weak. Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it? 
It’s said I had 0 OA but 2.9 CA last night. It was the first time on the air sense 11
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What is this weak air noise??
Hello, 

We need data of a night's sleep to get an understanding of what is actually happening, so we can see your respiration rate graphs together with the other 5 key graphs,  (Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate and Flow Limitations.) 

To do this, please download Oscar and the view the supporting links for explanations as below -

Oscar chart organisation
Attaching images, files and posting charts.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2024, 02:00 PM)Expat31 Wrote: Hello, 

We need data of a night's sleep to get an understanding of what is actually happening, so we can see your respiration rate graphs together with the other 5 key graphs,  (Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate and Flow Limitations.) 

To do this, please download Oscar and the view the supporting links for explanations as below -

Oscar chart organisation

Thank you.

Hi
 I have attached a graph from last night. It feels like my breathing slows and at the exhale almost like I’ll hold my breathe and it keeps me up. I can not turn up the pressure anymore however because anymore the aerophagia gets really bad. Idk what else to do….

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if this is the sound but to see if you are having a central or obstructive event, the machine sends a bunch of pulsating air.  If the air goes through and not returned to the cpap it is a central and if the air is returned it reads that as an obstruction.  I have never "heard it" but I have felt it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2024, 02:00 PM)Expat31 Wrote: Hello, 

Oscar chart organisation

Thank you.

Hi
 I have attached a graph from last night. It feels like my breathing slows and at the exhale almost like I’ll hold my breathe and it keeps me up. I can not turn up the pressure anymore however because anymore the aerophagia gets really bad. Idk what else to do….

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2024, 12:56 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I don't know if this is the sound but to see if you are having a central or obstructive event, the machine sends a bunch of pulsating air.  If the air goes through and not returned to the cpap it is a central and if the air is returned it reads that as an obstruction.  I have never "heard it" but I have felt it.

Hi yes it does actually record it as central. Not too sure what to do about it though.. do you have any clue?
Post Reply Post Reply
Per ResMed

https://www.resmed.com/en-us/healthcare-...echnology/

"Central sleep apnea (CSA) detection is an advanced technology that uses the forced oscillation technique (FOT) to determine whether a patient’s airway is open during an apnea."
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2024, 01:10 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Per ResMed

https://www.resmed.com/en-us/healthcare-...echnology/

"Central sleep apnea (CSA) detection is an advanced technology that uses the forced oscillation technique (FOT) to determine whether a patient’s airway is open during an apnea."

The problem for me is how to adjust it or if maybe it’s something with epr? Not sure .. it is pretty noticable though .
Post Reply Post Reply
I would try moving the EPR to 3 and see if that helps.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2024, 02:27 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I would try moving the EPR to 3 and see if that helps.

I used to have it there the. Was told to move it back down… but will go back and see
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. sanger 111 160,787 09-11-2024, 09:52 AM
Last Post: tedr
  Is it normal for Resmed 10 blowing noise to be very noticable at high pressure >13 snortle 4 244 08-29-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] 8 Month old Resmed Airsense 10 making a whirring noise JonMichael85 8 16,027 08-23-2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: xirokx
  Breas Z2 - Air Noise at Mask Vents mcman56 2 225 08-21-2024, 09:35 AM
Last Post: mcman56
  Machine noise axlrosen 6 364 08-08-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Arik
  [Equipment] ResMed making noise at altitude GManCPAP2019 1 265 06-24-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 clicking noise santon 5 6,001 06-11-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: RLRoth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.