Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What machine? VAuto vs ASV
What machine? VAuto vs ASV
I have been on cpap for 17 years (started at age 30) and recently had a new sleep study. I need a bipap. Here is my prescription. I am willing to spend the money for the best machine. What do you recommend?  I am
looking at the Resmed Aircurve and wonder if I should get a VAuto or an ASV? Any other advice?
Thank you!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What machine? VAuto vs ASV
The prescription is clearly for a spontaneous bilevel machine, in auto mode. The prescribed EPAP and IPAP are 4 cm apart, so that would be fixed pressure. The recommended machine is clearly some thing like the Resmed Aircurve 10 or 11 Vauto. I might suggest using the Vauto mode and setting EPAP min to 10, IPAP max 17 and PS 4. Unless you experienced a lot of central apnea with CPAP there is no reason to consider ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I did not show any central apnea. I appreciate your input so I buy the right machine. I have an old setup and will be making a major technology advancement with this new one! Do you recommend one with a modem? 
Have a great day.
Post Reply Post Reply
All Aircurve 10 and 11 machines have a SD card that provides full data using free OSCAR software. You can download it at the top of the page. A modem is only useful if someone is going to be monitoring your therapy, but you can also send your doctor information from the SD card. Most machine have the modem built in. There are some Card to Cloud versions that cost less than the ones with the modem. I find the modem actually has very limited utility if you download and use OSCAR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed 10 vauto can hear breathing Officialdee 6 83 1 hour ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 0 27 3 hours ago
Last Post: chacha897d
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 295 275,993 08-29-2024, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Kamryn
  New resmed 10 vauto Officialdee 0 162 08-25-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Officialdee
Gross Airsense 11 to Aircurve 10 vauto taxprof1122 7 542 08-12-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: taxprof1122
Sad Aircurve 10 VAUTO Not pushing Air! DFWdude 42 1,574 08-10-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto - What Settings To Use? stevesleep 27 1,297 07-23-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: stevesleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.