Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What us going on here two days same settings?
What us going on here two days same settings?
Hi, Thanks for a very informative community. 
Been at this 7 months thought I had it locked.
I know my apnea is highly position dependent.
My sleep study said 52 AHI prone  and 11 at other times.
I have moved to F&P Vitera as I was a mouth breather and use a chins strap that provides vertical tension and support. Above about 14 I get aerophagia but grape seed capsules seen to help the following day gas.  I have epr off and am comfortable with that. I have no ramp and falling asleep is not much of a problem. Not overweight,  don't drink, perhaps I should, lol. Have tried wide range 9 to 16 abd 95% is usually around 12.8 to 13.5.
Do have some flow limits issues but don't understand as with wide range machine could use the headroom in the range but chooses not to.
So how can similar setting produce such varied results and what should I change, thanks?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What us going on here two days same settings?
Second image same settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
One night you had terrible positional apnea, the other you did not.  As I think you know, positional apnea cannot be fixed by a setting.  It is caused when your chin drops toward your chest and is much like a kink in a hose, but you block airflow instead of water flow.  For some a flatter pillow will work but most need to wear a soft cervical collar.  If the size is right the collar will hold your chin up and give good results.  A lot of us like the Caldera Releaf Collar as it is comfortable and works unless one needs a high collar.

Unless the night with positional apnea was a one-time thing, you need to treat it.

Also, you ought to reconsider using EPR.  EPR lowers flow limits, which are short-time apneas that are not reported as apneas but need to be treated.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR 3 full time will give you a tool to help reduce flow limits. By doing so, your Auto CPAP/AutoSet becomes a bilevel.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Thanks for input. Now have Cervical collor and chin strap. Have epr at 2. Have raised bottom pressure ftom 11.6 to 12.8 to compensate. My numbers are much more stable at around 2.5 most nights.
I have also taken steps to make sure I sleep on ny side most if the time. If i extract the 30mins before waking its about 1.75. Flow limits are at .02 so that is fine. My CAs are are 2.4 ish would like to control them better. Yes it is mostly positional with me as you suggested.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  53 days in, what does my data say? FrontRanger 3 105 09-14-2024, 07:28 PM
Last Post: FrontRanger
  [CPAP] Used for 60 days, want to eliminate RERA/awake [Reposted with correct format] a29988122 2 214 09-11-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: a29988122
  11 days in and on my fifth day of non-stop headaches callisto9 10 511 08-27-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: callisto9
  Who tells Medicare I am using my new CPAP in first 90 days? silverchief2 3 250 08-17-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: cps22
  10 days in, how does my data look? mtnjames 4 222 07-25-2024, 12:51 PM
Last Post: mtnjames
  Help! How long (days/months) are sleep study results valid for? ApneaNewbie 7 7,049 06-21-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: JRuck504
  [CPAP] Started CPAP 5 days ago, have burning pain in thigh Flibbertigibbet 9 507 06-05-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.