Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to upload Card Zip for PRS1 950P ASV?
Where to upload Card Zip for PRS1 950P ASV?
I have problems with Oscar not properly recognizing data from this machine.  

Oscar appears to import data properly if Breath Rate is set to Auto, but I still get a warning.  As seen for May 18, 2024.

Oscar does not import data correctly if I set Breath Rate=Off as seen for May 17, 2024.

It would be great to get this working properly if possible.

I zipped the card.  It is about 250MB.  Where do I upload it to?

Thanks!
Long-time PAPer, periodic ApneaBoard reader, occasional sleeper.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where to upload Card Zip for PRS1 950P ASV?
Wow, the PRS1 950 is an ancient BiPAP autoSV machine. Oscar has the capability to display the data. The machine has long been discontinued. Can you post a screenshot that shows your concern? I'll be honest with you, it is not a device worth putting much effort into supporting, and I'd love to help you get an updated device.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response SleepRider,

My main machine now is a Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto that I paid cash out of pocket for when my Dreamstation ASV was recalled.  I couldn't afford the ASV machine out of pocket and now that I better understand why I was having so much CA, don't really need the ASV if the the machine is properly adjusted.

Prior to buying the Resmed machine, I temporarily used the 950P ASV after the recall because the foam was easily removed and I feel good when using it.

I finally received a replacement for my Dreamstation ASV two and half years later about two months ago.  I planned to set it up as a travel machine and backup, but having great difficulty getting it adjusted / adjusting to it. (I need to relook at it with Breath Rate=off or fixed like the 950P below and see if that helps)

I still keep my old M series APAP in my car for emergencies, but over the last two months have become more reliant on BiPAP pressure support, so need to permanently retire the M Series machine.  My plan is to replace the M Series with the 950P.

=====

I am experimenting with a workaround with the 950P and Oscar.  If I use Breath Rate=Auto, which Oscar displays data properly, the machine is too aggressive with Timed Breaths which results in too much air intake causing my body to try to counter by reducing respiratory drive in which I see combinations of periodic breathing, CA, and Hypopnea and very high AHI.  If I instead use Breath Rate=Off, there are no Timed breaths, my AHI dives to under one as seen on the machine, and I feel great.  Last night I set the Breath=4bpm and Ti to 2.0s.  Oscar imported the data correctly, my AHI was 0.84 and I feel pretty good.  There where only 3 timed breaths all night and these where legitimately during 3 CA events.  I plan to reduce PS slightly and see if the CA events go away altogether.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems you do best with the Vauto, and you probably learned how to use trigger sensitivity to your advantage. In your position, I would sell the BiPAP SV and apply the funds towards a travel machine more suited to your needs and comfort. There are people out there that need the ASV, and if you're not one of them, I would not use the Dreamstation. If you do want to use it, the Philips settings allow you to use bilevel pressures that are not as wide as the Resmed ASV requires. So you can use PS 2 or 3 and use either fixed SV mode or auto SV mode and have what is effectively a bilevel. CPAP mode is fixed pressure and probably not the best choice.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I travel formally with planned overnight stays, I travel with my main machine, Resmed AirCurve 10 Vauto.  I carry it on all flights, I never check it or let it out of my possession.  If I had to travel more than I do for work, I might consider investing in a travel machine, but for a handful of overnight trips annually, my main machine travels well enough.

The PR1 950P ASV is for emergency backup, to be kept in my car in case I'm away from home and get a migraine or have an emergency that keeps me from getting back home.  This is a rarity, but it has happened a few times over the years.  I'm not going to spend more money on a new travel machine for this purpose when I have perfectly functional, albeit old, machines that I can use for this purpose.  My M Series Auto is 15 years old, and has at least three different kinds of foam in the airpath and isn't BiPAP so I will retire it.  I removed the foam from the the PR1 950P ASV and it works fine except for the Oscar issues, so that will be my emergency backup machine for the foreseeable future.

I do well on the AirCurve 10 Vauto, but not perfectly, and while it tends to score my AHI slightly lower than the Philips machines, I think its more due to scoring differences than to therapy differences.  I have experimented with Trigger and Cycle settings, and while increasing trigger sensitivity reduced CA, it increased double triggering and breath stacking so I have returned to medium sensitivity settings for both trigger and cycle as is recommended by Resmed.

I think my discovery last night that Oscar seems to import data correctly with Breath Rate=fixed number, and I can set Ti=2.0s to match my setting on the AirCurve 10 Vauto, and this keeps the machine from forcing breaths via Timed Breaths or Pressure Pulses faster than my body wants them, makes the machine useable and compatible with Oscar at the same time.  I would prefer to just turn the Breath Rate=off, but since Oscar won't import the data properly that way, I'll use the workaround.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a therapy thread, let's catch up on your settings and results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my most recent therapy thread: https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...t-In-again

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where to upload zip file for a new model Resmed? stevenospam 9 245 09-18-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Upload zipfile for Airsense 11 (22241249854) NotaNumber 0 161 08-18-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: NotaNumber
  Automate upload from local directory LikeaGlove90 1 319 06-05-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  VAuto 11 Resmed SD card zip for developers. Where to upload? OviBerger 1 442 04-08-2024, 08:24 AM
  Data upload incomplete in OSCAR Ravengrad898 4 586 03-11-2024, 08:45 AM
  CMS50I can't upload multiple readings chris mdp 0 432 02-15-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: chris mdp
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 897 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.