Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wife's CPAP Experience
Wife's CPAP Experience
Hello again.  Thanks to a few ABF members my therapy is going well.  My wife has also recently started CPAP therapy and is having some issues and I hope someone can help.

She was initially diagnosed with mild OSA at 10.5 ahi.  She began using her machine on May 8 and has spent a few nights experimenting with various masks.  Now that she has one she likes she is having a few higher than expected ahi readings.  Her latest was 9.61 and one from a few days earlier 13.42 which are higher than originally diagnosed.  Here is her most recent night's Oscar data and one from a few days earlier that is quite high.  Thanks for assistance.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wife's CPAP Experience
Let's just go all in for UARS and get her some EPR relief. I suspect we can significantly improve this chart by realizing her central events are actually obstructive. Try minimum pressure 7.0, maximum pressure 10.0, EPR on, Full Time, Setting 3. We either fix the problem, or reset our understanding of her therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds great, I'll make the adjustment and get back.  

Thanks Sleeprider.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just out of curiosity, why does it look like there is missing pressure data in a few places after a restart?  There is flow data but no pressure data for some minutes
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure but while the P30i mask fits nice when not moving around, she did mention having to reset it sometimes whenever she rolls over. Maybe the repositioning is the cause. 

The mask frame is a little big for her, she has a smaller one on the way.  Sorry I failed to disclose that earlier.
Post Reply Post Reply
Her AHI was 8.30 on the first night after EPR and pressure changes but I assume I should wait for the smaller headgear before posting any new charts.

She does seem to have a lot of CSR events in her 11 nights of sleep data, some as long as 42 minutes. Could this be a result of mask fit or machine settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's always preferable if you would post at least the latest chart after a pressure adjustment.

Does your wife have any known heart problems, in which CSR is related?
One thing not to panic over as ResMed uses the term CSR, but it is usually Periodic Breathing.

Let us look at the latest chart so we can see the difference in the CA's and other events being recorded.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, here are her two latest charts.  The first night after the pressure change and second night after an adjustment.  She felt she couldn't take a full breath at 7-10 so she lowered it to 6-9.  

Sorry if that screwed things up.  Thanks for your help.

Post Reply Post Reply
A 3 minute zoom close up OSCAR of the "clusters" of CA's (purple bars) might help also.  In both these charts, please click right before the clusters of purple bars starts and drag to the right for about 3 minutes.  And upload those charts.  

Does your wife have any major or significant heart issues?  Thanks.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a feeling I may have done this zoom thing incorrectly but here they are.

She is 62 y/o with MS (which is under control) and no known heart related issues. 

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 13 428 09-12-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  anyone had turbinate reduction surgery and not experience Empty Nose Syndrome? sleepingbetterinFl 4 234 09-08-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Assistance with wife's CPAP issues Hammer641 6 209 09-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] Advice needed - anyone with Oscar experience! limoz 5 288 07-31-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Question (OSCAR)Help needed, with analyzing a breathing curve, any experience with this? :-) Letsfixthis 4 437 05-14-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] anyone have experience with iSLEEP in Las Vegas? hwnboy 0 296 05-02-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: hwnboy
  Experience with Cigna and Travel CPAP Chitlom 0 316 04-30-2024, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Chitlom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.