Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wjg's Therapy Thread
RE: Wjg's Therapy Thread
In future charts, use Mask Pressure rather than pressure as it is easier to interpret against the flow rate. When starting therapy, take a few moments before masking up to let your respiration rate settle. The machine uses your breathing as a target for minute vent and respiration rate, and if you're still breathing hard from exertion, that becomes the initial target rate and volume and may explain why you have so much pressure support early, as the unit tries to maintain that. Based on flow limits during minimum PS, lets increase PS min to 4.0. Your choice to keep that or not based on your comfort experience. Overall, respiratory volumes and statistics look very good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have changed my charts and will change PS min to 4.0 tonight. I will also do as you suggested when I first start therapy.

Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are last nights charts. If you need a different 3 minute zoom let me know. I don't know what happened around 12:30 this morning. I don't remember anything unusual at that time.

Overall I had a much better night last night. I laid there for several minutes before putting the mask on and that made a huge difference. I think I am moving in the right direction.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Taking time before masking up really helped you set a more appropriate target to start. The ASV seems to be responding as expected to flow fluctuations that are sometimes chaotic. I don't see any reason not to continue with the higher minimum PS.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do feel pretty rested this morning so I am happy about that. I will leave settings as they are and run with that for now. 

Thanks Sleeprider
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't sent any charts for awhile. I was giving it a little time with the new ASV machine.

Most nights I am at 0 events or a very low number. I am having some leaks. I have been trying the new F40 mask and still getting the fit just right.

I think my Flow Rate is smoothing out some but still somewhat chaotic.

Anyway, I thought I would send a couple nights. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Well the DME saga continues. Now they won't send supplies because they say I am not compliant because I have the wrong machine. They say the ASV machine is not the correct machine (although they gave me this machine) and I need a CPAP machine. So me and my doctor are arguing with them now and will see how it goes. They did send supplies a couple times and nothing since.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] NightmaresOfTheBottom - Therapy Help Thread NightmaresOfTheBottom 15 522 10 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 144 6,381 Yesterday, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Abdulfakih
  Dang71 Therapy thread dang71 6 168 Yesterday, 10:35 AM
Last Post: dang71
  app1nag - Therapy Assistance Thread app1nag 106 17,859 Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Wink hwnboy therapy thread hwnboy 71 3,182 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Last Post: hwnboy
  Paula's - Therapy Thread paulag1955 80 6,616 10-24-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 119 3,900 10-24-2024, 07:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.