Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP: Quite Tired
New to CPAP: Quite Tired
Hi Everyone ,

I am a 45 year old man in the healthy range of bmi. I eat well. I jog 25 minutes daily. 

I have been so tired for at least ten years. Had thyroid and Vitamin D checked and they are good.  Really feels like I get non-restorative sleep.

In-lab sleep study in 2019 but my sleep that night was atrocious and I barely slept. They told me I did not have apnea although it did show that I was not reaching deep sleep.

Working with a new sleep doctor now and I did a home sleep study a couple months ago. The home sleep study showed mild apnea, AHI: 7. 

Starting using an Air Sense 10 two weeks ago. Started with a nasal pillow but by the 2nd night my nose felt blocked and so my mouth would pop open(I actually naturally breathe through my nose) and the pressure sound would wake me up. I taped my mouth shut but then felt like I couldn't breathe because my nose was blocked.

So a week ago I got a Vitera mask that covers my mouth and nose. It's only been 13 days and I know I need to be very patient. But I still feel very unrested all of the time. I am working on uploading my info into Oscar. 

I am concerned that this process will actually make me a mouth breather since the cpap seems to be blocking my nose and I now need to open my mouth to breathe. 

I am working on uploading my sd card info into Oscar. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP: Quite Tired
Welcome

Once we see an Oscar chart or two we should be able to help you get your therapy going right.  Good luck!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Post Oscars. There are several possibilities for having a stuffy nose, and the Oscars will provide clues.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also check levels of B vitamins. I was low on B12 which affected energy levels throughout the day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 5 464 09-10-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  23 yr old W/ Good AHI - Still tired and foggy daytong 7 352 09-05-2024, 09:05 PM
Last Post: daytong
  Tired Again Brennie 16 821 09-04-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Brennie
  [CPAP] 5 nights in.....grumpier,forgetful and very tired! toby2111 28 1,341 08-26-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] (I'm Tired) Please help interpret my Oscar data frolic 4 428 08-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Still tired, any suggestions to optimize therapy? EnigmaOfSleep 4 279 08-14-2024, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  tired and yawning ZBarker01 22 850 08-13-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: ZBarker01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.