Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

app1nag - Therapy Assistance Thread
RE: O2 ring results
Could you post your OSCAR chart? Ensure that all the instrument settings and statistics are visible.  Turn the calendar off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Never used OSCAR. Will download today and try it. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

.pdf   oscar report.pdf (Size: 1,010.56 KB / Downloads: 8) hopefully this is correct...thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
My preferred method for OSCAR charts would be screenshots Attached to your post. For next time.

Your Sp02 dipped slightly below 90% in your initial post, but was less than 3 minutes. Just keep watching it.

OSCAR charts looks good.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
screen shot preference noted---thanks for the advice !
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2024, 01:39 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OSCAR charts looks good.

Agree.

You might want to simultaneously record your OSCAR with the ring and see the events that cause Oxigen decline.
Post Reply Post Reply
     I think I did that. I have SPO2 events recorded. 

Is there another way? 

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
It gives some clues. 
However, you want to see the Oxigen % plotted I time. Either integrated in OSCAR or independently from Oscar but still on the same time basis. This way, we can see what apnea events correlates with your low oxygen. 
Apparently, you already had it in OSCAR. Now, you want to upload the daily OSCAR plot, including the plots of events, pressures, flow rate, and oxigen saturation.
See Wiki for the correct setting of the daily plot.

I have copied the links from Crimson Nape below. I hope he will approve.
The Guide to Understanding OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
decent numbers - still dont feel rested
    I "think" my numbers are decent but I never feel like I get a good night's sleep. I am running Airsense 10 with nose pillows. 

I complied some data that I am planning to show a sleep doc at my consultation. It would be greatly appreciated if someone has the time to review and let me know if these #s look good or bad. 

You will see 95% and 99.5% Pressure and EPAP are the same after 10/6 because I disabled EPR (and ramp) based on something I read concerning CSA and wanted to rule that out. I have no issues with exhaling at the higher pressure. 

On October 9 I started using a chin strap. 

On October 12 I increased minimum pressure from 10 to 13 and on October 16 from 13 to 16. Unfortunately 16 was too high and caused some stomach issues so I went back to 13 on October 18.

My purpose for including pulse data was because of an at home study that alerted me to some low pulse rates. I then purchased the O2 ring to compile this data. I have since been to my cardio doc who has ruled out any concerns I may have had. I am still going to seek a second opinion because I am left wondering if low heart rate could lead to low oxygen levels or vice versa. 

Thanks very much.[attachment=71033]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: decent numbers - still dont feel rested
I'll start it off with 02. while the average o2 numbers look ok, rather than a low number you should show number of minutes below 88%. something like 6 minutes total time below 88% for the entire night qualifies for supplemental O2. The other question is leaks. What do the leaks look like? your chin strap made me think of leaks. Maybe some of the experts can help with the other stuff. It would help if you got Oscar and share some screen shots.

Remember that CPAP helps with how you feel, but apnea may not be only reason for feeling bad.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Franko39 - Therapy Assistance Franko39 55 2,479 10 hours ago
Last Post: Jay51
  [Treatment] NightmaresOfTheBottom - Therapy Help Thread NightmaresOfTheBottom 15 522 10 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 144 6,381 Yesterday, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Abdulfakih
  Dang71 Therapy thread dang71 6 167 Yesterday, 10:35 AM
Last Post: dang71
Wink hwnboy therapy thread hwnboy 71 3,182 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Last Post: hwnboy
  Paula's - Therapy Thread paulag1955 80 6,616 10-24-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 119 3,900 10-24-2024, 07:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.