Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

can I test for sleep apnea by setting a very low pressure?
RE: can I test for sleep apnea by setting a very low pressure?
(09-10-2024, 09:43 AM)joelin02 Wrote: For a forum that helps people retrieve and interpret their raw data on their CPAP, I'm pretty disappointed in this response. Even if I can't interpret all of it, I'm sure I can figure out some of it. There are resources out there for helping people do just that. A short explainer from someone who can will also go a long way.

Your missing the point, the raw data from your lab sleep study still needs to be processed. You need to re read Dave’s response. Your confused on what raw data is. It’s not charts and diagrams and pictures.

Post up a redacted sleep report and Oscar chart. That’s how this site works.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2024, 09:59 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: You had a split study, half diagnostic half Titration. That's fine for most.

To me, the important data for the test report is the table that shows diagnostic events of type and count. Then the doctor's recommendation.

If you didn't get those 2, request the detailed report.

Okay I attached the diagnostic table. 

I think what I was hoping to get from my sleep doctor was something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohTE--PgBkY The raw data and some kind of software to be able to view it and a brief explanation of what each line means, just like what we have in OSCAR.

If we can view data at that level of detail in our ResMed devices on OSCAR at home, then why can't we see the equivalent (plus more) from our sleep study in the lab?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
To answer the original question in the title: Very low pressure isn't the same as no CPAP because you rebreathe the same air and wind up breathing air with higher CO2 than you would without the machine. When I got my machine, it was set to ramp at a very low pressure, and I felt like I was suffocating.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP Setting Adjustment rockyc88 4 141 09-13-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
Question [CPAP] My Sleep Apnea is Worse than Yours... plz Help!! memoryNada786 8 558 09-13-2024, 11:53 AM
Last Post: memoryNada786
  Controlling Positional sleep apnea GeorgeGus 5 296 09-10-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 26 4,573 09-09-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  Sleep Apnea CPAP/OSCAR/OSA/CA trish1028 1 169 09-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 15 1,455 09-03-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  [Equipment] Central sleep apnea - titration study didn't work blossom 1 180 08-30-2024, 11:55 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.