Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

cardreader for resscan and AirSense 10
cardreader for resscan and AirSense 10
Hello all.   I have been using an S9 for some time and have now changed it to an Airsense 10.  There is no problem with the machine itself, but where I used to be able to use ResScan to make my reports with the S9, I have trouble getting the card to read on the computer from the AirSense 10.  Although I have a card reader built into the computer (an MSI), which, by the way, reads perfectly when using OSCAR, I am unable to read with the ResScan.  It tells me that no device is available.  Is there a magical cardreader driver for the ResScan?  Please help.  Thanks.  Michael
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: cardreader for resscan and AirSense 10
Hi mburkep! - Welcome
Have you tried creating a new patient name in ResScan to see if the problem is account related?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have.  ResScan simply says "There are NO devices available Connect a flow generator or data card and try again".
It is interesting to note that I have data for 2014 thru 2016 and the resmed software shows these reports using an S9 Autoset and that it also shows reports from 2016 using AirSense 10 Autoset.  Unfortunately I have no printed reports from beyond the date when the machine was changed to the AirSense 10.  This indicates to me that at some time, the data card was able to be read from resScan.  I wonder if something in the machine was shut off that precludes the resScan from sensing the card?
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you update ResScan after that period? If so, did you select any of the options when updating?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Angry 
Sorlry ... don't fully understand ... Please explain what you mean by update and options.  I have installed the latest resScan and also have access to 5.9.  I have tried the unified driver install to no avail
Post Reply Post Reply
Isn't ResScan install the one that if you choose certain options it'll break at some operational aspect of the program? Doing no options was the right thing... Something like that.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you read this on the ResScan page?
Quote:WARNING - INSTALLATION NOTICE: During the first part of the software installation, it will ask you if you want to install their 3 proprietary drivers.  DO NOT CHECK any of the 3 boxes for these drivers, unless you are absolutely certain you have one of the following three ResMed-brand devices:

1) ResMed S9 USB Adapter (P/C: 36950) or ResMed S8 USB Adapter (P/C: 22203)

2) ResMed's ResScan Data Card Reader (P/C: 22207) or ACR 38U Smart Card Reader

3) ResMed Stellar ventilator machine with direct USB connection

Some users have reported that installing these drivers makes the ResScan program non-functional.   If you're not sure what to do, try installing the software without the drivers first to see if the program runs properly without them.

If you selected any of these options, then that is your problem.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, that's what I meant. Red to the rescue.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 912 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 3,556 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 2,270 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 4,931 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  Anyone able to generate a Resscan report so I can send to provider? famewolf 3 724 02-02-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,406 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  ResScan problem reading SD card on Windows 10 PC jeffparker 11 1,665 09-09-2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: GavinG

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.