Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

cpapnovice - Therapy Thread
cpapnovice - Therapy Thread
i have resmed 11 with pressure set at 10-20. My mask is resmed f-30i. My AHI = 13. For years i have this problem. i fall asleep with mask on, it does not leak. I wake up 6-7 hours later without mask. I dont remember taking it off. when i check stats most of the time i sleep 2.5 hours with mask on, sometimes 3.5 to 4. 6 hours is extremely rare. No leaks and AHI less than 2.  Any guesses what is happening?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: why i wake up without mask?
Post OSCAR charts so we can see what's happening during therapy. Lots of times the mask off scenario is due to incorrect pressure settings. There can be other causes as well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
sorry i changed my profile, i no longer use Oscar. Do you think i need to set pressure less than 20?
Post Reply Post Reply
we cant know without oscar charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
cam you give few guesses?
Post Reply Post Reply
is it possible for AHI to go down?
i had number of tests in overnight labs. Last was 5-6 years ago. My AHI was 13. I had another test in overnight lab few days ago and my AHI was 9. There are no changes except i lost 5% of my weight since test that had 13. Is it possible for AHI to go down? Tests were performed in 2 different labs? Did they make mistake in most recent study?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: is it possible for AHI to go down?
Between sleep studies I lost about 100 pounds, from 300 to 200. The AHI also went down, from 74 or so to about 37, both still severe though.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
how can someone guess without the data? you're waking up and taking the mask off and not remembering it. you need to download oscar and load your data into it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did it with Phillips mask called Amara it was hurting my forehead (redness the next day) after changing the mask never happened to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2024, 12:03 PM)cpapnovice Wrote: cam you give few guesses?

For one, the treatment parameters are not set optimally. You need more air, and you unconsciously remove the mask to get more.

Download OSCAR  and post your charts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 132 5,718 6 hours ago
Last Post: Abdulfakih
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 32 3,023 8 hours ago
Last Post: THEVGE
Wink hwnboy therapy thread hwnboy 60 2,780 10-14-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  LuminousOne Therapy Thread LuminousOne 31 1,660 10-14-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 127 5,709 10-13-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  [Treatment] NightmaresOfTheBottom - Therapy Help Thread NightmaresOfTheBottom 3 238 10-12-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  johnnygz - Therapy Thread johnnygz 16 1,756 10-12-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: johnnygz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.