Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

cpapnovice - Therapy Thread
RE: why i wake up without mask?
so i dont need more pressure according to computer but the only explanation that makes sense is i need more pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: why i wake up without mask?
You can use your CPAP machine tonight with the SD card in it to collect data for OSCAR. Tomorrow post some feedback on how you slept and attach the OSCAR daily detail chart by pressing F12. That's enough to start. Just with one night, someone will have some suggestion for an edit and it'll begin to get better.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: is it possible for AHI to go down?
If you'd download OSCAR the free report tool, using the data stored in an SD card in the left panel slot on your CPAP, then post a comment in this thread with that daily detail chart as an attachment, we can help make the therapy better. Look at the other threads. This is what we do here for free.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
how to fool machine to get more pressure?
I posted tis few days ago and got no help because of lack of Oscar charts. I have lots going on and would not be able to do anything with Oscar for next 2 weeks. I understand this board policy but i am hoping to get some help here without Oscar.  have resmed 11 with pressure set at 10-20. My mask is resmed f-30i. My AHI is unknown, i dont have reports with me  but i remember seeing all kind of numbers from 21 to 13. I had study done few days ago and waiting for results but preliminary number is 8 to 10 (makes no sense because my weight loss is minor) For years i have this problem. i fall asleep with mask on, it does not leak. I wake up 6-7 hours later without mask. I dont remember taking it off. when i check stats most of the time i sleep 2.5 hours with mask on, sometimes 3.5 to 4. 6 hours is extremely rare. No leaks and AHI less than 2. Pressure for night 10 to 11. Explanation i got from Apria is the following: Machine thinks i get all the pressure i need at 10 and that is the reason it does not go to 20.  I dont know what i am going to get from sleep doctor as far as new prescription but assuming machine is accurate it seems like the only way to get my air is to increase starting range and see if it helps. Does it make sense? Please dont tell me to post oscar charts. I cant for at least 2 weeks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: how to fool machine to get more pressure?
Yes, it is feasible to "fool"  the machine. But I hope nobody will teach you, considering how vague your case is. It might do more harm than good.
Post Reply Post Reply
In a nut shell if your AHI is less than 2 your machine is working and treating your apnea. The machine will increase only when it needs to.
In the wiki articles, there’s a good explanation on exactly how an apap works. This article will answer your questions.

If your Dr. set your prescription for you from 10 to 20. I would leave it there until you are able to post a chart. No one really knows until they see some data. It would be just guessing.

Look at this and scroll down too the section . How apap machines respond to events.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...Rate_graph
Post Reply Post Reply
omg. what i am describing is very common case. I did not get much help here when i posted few years ago and saga continues
Post Reply Post Reply
because it would be irresponsible to recommend anything without seeing data, it would be like flipping a coin.

you don't need to "fool" the machine to give you more pressure if you needed it you would be getting it, and i actually agree with Apria.

Something else is obviously going on but i'm sorry i don't have a crystal ball to look into Sad couple vague values of ahi doesn't really say anything besides that there is probably an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
i am in a state where it is almost impossible to get sleep doctor. Obviously i am doing something about it as i had another sleep test just this week. But now i am waiting for final results. I am concern now that sleep lab will "manufacture" numbers to get me on titration test.  Numbers that tech gave me "barely made to 10" just too good to be true. This is mild apnea that most dont treat unless some other condition and i dont have any. I just have to go with process and be on mercy of sleep clinic schedule. But i am at loss here. If 10 is all i need according to software what else could it be?
No charts available to post
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2024, 03:32 PM)cpapnovice Wrote: ...         I just have to go with process and be on mercy of sleep clinic schedule. 

No, you will not be at the mercy of the clinic. Once we can see some curves, you will have the help of this forum. I understand they are unavailable right now, but we are here for the long run, and probably you, too. We are talking about treatment years versus a few weeks delay.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 105 2,430 19 minutes ago
Last Post: SeePak
  Brigabart's Therapy Thread Brigabart 10 224 Yesterday, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  sleepyveem's therapy thread sleepyveem 10 411 09-14-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: sleepyveem
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 100 6,065 09-13-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] PSG1 - Therapy Thread PSG1 19 2,910 09-12-2024, 08:25 AM
Last Post: PSG1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,996 408,215 09-11-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Auroraborealis Sleep Data thread - thoughts on hypoxemia Auroraborealis 10 264 09-11-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.