Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ftfu - Therapy Assistance
RE: ftfu - Therapy Assistance
I recently switched from a nasal mask with mouth tape (P10 in April, then N30i more recently), to a full face mask (Resmed F40), which I think is the cause of the differences. I never got through a full night with the nasal masks, it would always end up removed. But the charts looked much better. For example, here are some charts from the beginning of July, where I was using my N30i with mouth tape. I also never had positional apnea with either of those masks.

I sleep more with the F40, but the charts seem worse. Maybe it's because I'm no longer mouth taping, but I didn't think I'd need to with a FFM.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow!  Everything in your therapy was better with the nasal pillows mask and tape.  It might be hard, but I strongly suggest you try the pillows mask again. Some people tape the mask to their face so they will notice if they reach up to take it off.  

Another thing to consider is that you were using pressure too low for your needs.  That may have been a big part of your discomfort and in your removing your mask.

If it were me I'd return to a nasal pillows mask to achieve better therapy, but of course, it is up to you.  Best of luck!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the help, as recommended, I switched back to the P10 + mouth tape combo, and for roughly the past week, I was able to get through the entire night with the mask on. I think the bottom straps for the full face mask was so tight to control leaks that it was pushing my jaw back and causing positional apneas.

However, I'm waking up multiple times per night, and am pretty tired, it doesn't feel like I'm sleeping well. My first full night with it, I slept the whole night and woke up feeling good, but I haven't had a good night since then.

Attached are my last 3 nights. The 2024-08-03 chart is short, since I woke up and was unable to fall back asleep.

Is this just because I'm not used to sleeping with it, or are you able to tell if it is something related to my therapy?

Thank you again.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your therapy looks good.  I think you just need to give it more time.  You slept nice and long your first night, plenty long your second, and then not enough the third.  You are keeping your mask on and improving.  Adjusting to a different mask takes time for loads of people.  Keep it up and don't be discouraged!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still waking up throughout the night, I'm not sure if I just have to get used to the mask or if it's therapy related.

I zoomed in on my charts and I was wondering if its normal to have these kind of unflagged irregularities in flow rate throughout the night?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Assistance with wife's CPAP issues Hammer641 6 177 09-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Franko39 - Therapy Assistance Franko39 51 2,075 08-23-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  NoCaffAfter4 - Therapy assistance NoCaffAfter4 39 967 08-14-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  ASV assistance Vako 13 372 07-27-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Vako
Exclaimation [Pressure] ScienceDad - Therapy Assistance ScienceDad 13 535 07-21-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  Xeros - Therapy Assistance Xeros 17 1,455 06-30-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Treatment] ahmazing - Therapy Assistance ahmazing 9 552 06-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: ahmazing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.