Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

garreckg - Therapy Thread
garreckg - Therapy Thread
Been using my machine for about 3 months and am still feeling about the same as pre-treatment. Just curious if there's anything in these graphs that sticks out. Thanks in advance!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to using Oscar
First, your pressure is in my opinion too low. While you may have low AHI, there are enough arousals to warrant a pressure adjustment.

Try the following for a few nights:

Min pressure 7
Max pressure 12
EPR 3 full-time
No ramp

That should be more comfortable and manage things better. Give it a go a few nights and post some charts. We can help fine-tune from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to using Oscar
Ya I'm definitely waking up a few times throughout the night that I remember, and I'm sure a few times that I don't remember. I'll give it a try with those pressures and see how it goes. I appreciate the advice!
Post Reply Post Reply
Help with OSCAR data
Been using my ResMed AirSense 11 for about 3.5 months now, had some struggles using it consistently but am adjusting to wearing it nightly and waking up with my mask off less and less. I've still been just as tired during the day as I was pre-treatment despite my AHI typically showing as under 1 every night I use the machine. For reference my pre-treatment AHI was 13.7. I just started using OSCAR about 10 days ago and am curious if there's anything in my data that sticks out other than my pressures probably being a bit low. I posted previously and was recommended to go up to 7-12 with no ramp, but that was a bit overwhelming of a jump from the 4-7 with ramp I was using, so am now on 5-10 with ramp and working my way up. If anything in this seems unusual or strange please let me know and if there's anything I can do or change other than getting the pressures up I would appreciate any and all info. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with OSCAR data
I’ll go back to the same recommendation made in your previous thread. 

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...#pid516799

You are always welcome to ignore the advise we give, but when you ask for help don’t be surprised if it is the same as before.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with OSCAR data
Didn't ignore, just making the switch from 4-7 with ramp to 7-12 without ramp was a big change, so I'm working my way up to that. I tried making the change immediately and woke up without my mask on both nights I tried, so figured tapering it up would be best.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: garreckg - Therapy Thread
garreckg  -  Your 2 threads have been merged, since they both deal with your therapy.  I have renamed the thread's title to, garreckg - Therapy Thread.  Please use this thread for all your therapy related posts. This will allow the reader to see your history and prevent cross-posting.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is the correct approach when it is a problem. Keep in mind that the difference between 4 cmH2O and 7 cmH2O is not much at all, about the difference in air used to blow out 2 candles. We get so worked up about the pressure as it is a foreign feeling have it directed into our nose, that we convince ourselves it is a bigger change than it actually is in reality. Even at max pressure a CPAP machine could not blow up a balloon.
Post Reply Post Reply
And thanks Red! You got it before I finished writing asking you to merge it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 98 5,752 7 hours ago
Last Post: eok361
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 25 469 Yesterday, 05:28 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 124 4,866 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
Brick Cape67's Therapy Thread Cape67 6 275 Yesterday, 11:09 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 76 1,350 09-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 118 4,213 09-05-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Abdulfakih
  Auroraborealis Sleep Data thread - thoughts on hypoxemia Auroraborealis 8 133 09-05-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Auroraborealis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.