Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed
johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed
Need help finding the optimal pressure for me with my Luna G3. I've had it for under 6 months, since September of last year and it came to me with the pressure set to 5 at its lowest, 20 highest. I changed it to a 9.5 but since then I've been changing it to find the optimal pressure and I just cant find anything suitable for me that keeps me asleep and feeling refreshed. Its Exhausting just trying to find the perfect settings. Right now, I have it set it on 8 lowest, 13 highest, humidifier off, EPR off, Ramp time 5 minutes. [attachment=61594][attachment=61595][attachment=61596]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure.
Based on the screen therapy results, your AHI is low and your CPAP therapy is effective at preventing apnea and hypopnea. I have found that individuals with persistent fatigue and good AHI are experiencing flow limitation, and do better with EPR (bilevel pressure) as provided by the Resmed CPAPs. I have no idea how Luna delivers EPR because we have no mask pressure trace or documentation to tell us. If it is a bilevel pressure like Resmed, it should help. If it is a temporary drop in pressure during exhale like Philips Flex, then it has no therapeutic benefit. How did you come to own your Luna G3? There are better options at low prices.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah it is a temporary drop in pressure during exhale, when I breathe out you can tell the exhale lowers the pressure for sure. I came to own this after doing a sleep study. I went to my local hospital, spoke to a sleep doctor, Rotech Healthcare sent me a sleep study kit, I did the sleep study, sent it back to them, they called me and asked me where to send my machine and I got sent this machine. That's pretty much it. I've had it for around 6 months now. I could buy a Resmed Airsense 10 out of pocket but they require a prescription to buy and the whole process seems tedious to do again. 
Post Reply Post Reply
If i could get a Resmed out of pocket, what pressure settings would I use? That's what I'm trying to find out the most, I would have no clue where to start with pressure settings, I also have no clue what pressure is ideal for me with my Luna either.
Post Reply Post Reply
We an easily use the same pressure settings with a Resmed Autoset, or just use Autoset mode Minimum pressure 8.0, maximum pressure 12.0 EPR 3 from what I'm seeing here. I have Rotech, and you can't let them bully you. I would have returned the device or had a clear understanding of what would be accepted. Did they try to charge you a $10 monitoring fee? Anyway, you have a prescription and Rotech has it, or the physician that reviewed your sleep study can confirm. You do not need a new prescription. I would contact someone like Supplier #1 and ask for the Resmed Airsense 10 Card to Cloud version ($449) and use 25% discount code Sleep2024 (ends today, but there will be another tomorrow) for net $336.

You got treated really badly, and you should complain to the insurer if applicable or Rotech in any case. A Chinese CPAP on an emergency use authorization is a POS.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think its too late to complain to Rotech, since I've already had the machine about 6 months. I feel like the ship has set sail regarding that. What do I do moving forward?
Post Reply Post Reply
So are you not feeling good while on this machine?  Your therapy looks decent for the little amount of data that we can see here...
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems like they're charging me a monitoring fee of 190 dollars. Just checked one of my latest statements: 

10/18/23 CPAP WITH MONITORING $ 190.00

Correct. Looking to find my optimal pressure settings, and reddit said this was the place to do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
try this setting for 3 nights:
min pressure: 8
max pressure: 15
epr: 2
sensitivity: 4
download pap link desktop software from this forum and also check if the exhalation port of the mask is blocked or not
Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding the monitoring fee, I had that cancelled on my account. It was not ordered, is not medically necessary, and is not covered. Since my main insurer is Medicare now, I complained to them and they called Rotech and they were required to cancel the fee. Call your insurer and lodge a complaint against Rotech and the extra charges. Personally, I would buy a machine at one of the online suppliers and return the machine to Rotech if you're making 13 months of payments. I would then change DMEs to someone not making fake charges (no one is monitoring your CPAP, and if you asked they would not be able to produce any data), and one that doesn't grift in Chinese CPAPs.

Other than that, Phychotech's suggestion is more useful and helpful.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LyndMc - ResMed 11 Therapy Help LyndMc 14 516 09-29-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 11,554 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  ResMed AirCurve 10 CS Pacewave therapy - need help skyman77 5 1,096 09-13-2023, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  KC2684 - ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Therapy Questions KC2684 4 675 03-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Spetzal's ResMed therapy spetzal 1 434 12-17-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: spetzal
  Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar Lorrubdb 395 23,853 06-21-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lorrubdb
  Resmed Airmini Therapy Data available? spacemanspiff 7 4,731 05-24-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.