Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

opo218 - (Therapy Thread)
RE: s mode ? elimnate out flow limitation- smooth out flow rate
As a fixed pressure user myself, I see little difference in sleep quality or reported data between S mode and fixed VPAPauto mode. 

For example my usual settings are:

Mode BIPAP-S
Pressure 9
PS 4

but I can do the same with auto-adjusting pressure mode using:

Mode VPAPauto
EPAP min 9
IPAP max 13
PS 4
Post Reply Post Reply
Peace,
Question... Is flow limitation reported while in S mode? Can you look at your data and see? Curious, as the OP is inquiring about lowering or eliminating FL.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No flow limitations reported in S mode, but still easily visible in flow rate. I do not understand why as the FL data is there, but I assume there is a method to the madness. I even asked ResMed why and all I received back as a shrug.

That is why I use and recommend fixed VPAPauto mode as I am far too lazy to dissect the flow rate looking for FL's when I bother to look at it. Other than that I have not found any real difference to sway me one way or the other.
Post Reply Post Reply
As much as I dislike replying to myself, I realise that I forgot to add for the OP that it would be helpful to see the complete chart as recommended in the "Formatting OSCAR charts" link in my signature...
Post Reply Post Reply
sleep study / bipap settings
        I just got the result of my sleep study. See pic for more context. Based of this  what would be a starting point for bipap to get rid of the uars 
IMPRESSION:
1. No clinical obstructive sleep apnea (G47.33) with an overall AHI 2.1 events per hour.
2. Prevalence of upper airway resistance (G47.8) was greater than apnea/hypopnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there something that shows the AHI breakdown for the test? Lots of graphs, but no details. 

It seems you were snoring almost 80% of the night. While impressive and regardless of AHI, that means a low quality sleep.

You spent the majority of the sleep on your back. Is there a medical reason why or is it your preferred sleeping position? Supine tends to be where most of us have the mot snoring and apnoea issues.
Post Reply Post Reply

Here you go! and sleep on my back is sthe most comfortable; try side sleeping with all kinds of tricks and it's not for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks mate.

An AHI of 2.1 whilst sleeping on your back is most impressive. Not quite as impressive as snoring 80% of the night, but still quite an achievement, just not in a good way. Unless you were purring in your sleep…

Please repost the original chart in your original post using the OSCAR chart formatting as in my signature “Formatting OSCAR Charts’. I think we can get much more data from that than from the sleep report.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here you go!

They said the file is to large so here is the link to the image
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not see anything that is concerning to me in the least. What exactly are you concerned about in the chart?

What I see is zero snoring, very few flow limitations, good I:E ratio, solid tidal volume. I would not change anything. The CPAP is doing its job quite well.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 98 5,757 10 hours ago
Last Post: eok361
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 25 482 Yesterday, 05:28 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 124 4,875 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
Brick Cape67's Therapy Thread Cape67 6 276 Yesterday, 11:09 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 76 1,353 09-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 118 4,247 09-05-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Abdulfakih
  Auroraborealis Sleep Data thread - thoughts on hypoxemia Auroraborealis 8 135 09-05-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Auroraborealis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.