Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
I e-mailed Philips about the label as I could not find it in my spam folder.  Philips directed me to their web site for the label.  The label they directed me to was for the original recalled CPAP not the replacement CPAP.  I sent my Award form to Philips by USPS, perhaps I should have sent it by e-mail.  
  This is the most god-awful company that I have ever dealt with.  
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2024, 10:35 AM)Old Steve Wrote:  I sent my Award form to Philips by USPS, perhaps I should have sent it by e-mail. 

Try this website, and see if you can find your label. If you can find it, get it to a UPS store with your machine today: This is your last chance because the deadline is today..............

Home - CPAP Philips MDL Settlement (respironicscpap-elsettlement.com)
Post Reply Post Reply
I sent them two old systemone machines that I don't use and didn't need them remediated just want to get the payout for them, both times they sent them back saying they can't remediate them even though I attached the documents that state they are being sent back for refund ONLY, not remediation....
Post Reply Post Reply
Lawsuit Information Center

Latest News & Updates On Class Action Lawsuits & Personal Injury Settlements

The Philips recall covered an estimated 3.5 million sleep apnea devices. A CPAP class action lawsuit with thousands of plaintiffs has been consolidated into a multi-district litigation (MDL-1230). So, every Philips CPAP lawsuit in federal court—filed in New York, California, Texas, or wherever—was consolidated in federal court in Pennsylvania.

September 3, 2024: The CPAP class action MDL decreased in size during August. The total number of pending cases in the MDL went down from 810 to 798.

September 2, 2024:  Philips is asking Judge Conti to streamline discovery procedures across the two MDLs to get SoClean to pay Philips some of the money it has spent in these settlements.   Philips argues – with some logic, actually – that merging discovery documents from both cases would enhance efficiency—a principal reason for having the same court oversee the linked MDLs.

Here are the upcoming deadlines:

9/25/2024 Medical Monitoring: Objection Deadline
10/9/2024 Medical Monitoring: Final Approval Motion and Response to Objections Due
10/30/2024 Medical Monitoring: Final Approval Hearing
12/10/2024 Private Personal Injury Settlement: Settlement Registration Deadline

CPAP Recall Lawsuits | September 2024 Settlement News (lawsuit-information-center.com)
Post Reply Post Reply
I received a check today from the Philips Settlement Administrator for $155.63.   Their letter said it was for my Device Payment Award and my Device Return Award I assume that this was for the Dream Station that I returned to them after the recall although, I thought that the award was supposed to be $100.00?   They did not include anything for my Device Replacement Award that should have been $974.99 for my cost for my replacement CPAP.  Hopefully they are sending another check...
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2024, 02:12 PM)Old Steve Wrote: I received a check today from the Philips Settlement Administrator for $155.63.   Their letter said it was for my Device Payment Award and my Device Return Award I assume that this was for the Dream Station that I returned to them after the recall although, I thought that the award was supposed to be $100.00?   They did not include anything for my Device Replacement Award that should have been $974.99 for my cost for my replacement CPAP.  Hopefully they are sending another check...

Thanks for the update. Good to know they found another gear. And, absolutely, we hope to hear they settle with you fully. For quite awhile now, we've considered anything received as "found money". Philips has issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeez, I was wondering when they would send out checks, they need to send mine too-I elected for the digital mastercard payment method.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Angela's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 1 42 4 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 112 2,786 5 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Fantasieimpromptu - Therapy Thread Fantasieimpromptu 8 83 11 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  sleepyveem's therapy thread sleepyveem 11 605 09-17-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: sleepyveem
  Zeno's therapy thread Zeno 10 309 09-16-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Zeno
  Brigabart's Therapy Thread Brigabart 10 270 09-15-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  How to turn Ramp OFF on Philips Dreamstation2 Mariesie 4 108 09-13-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Mariesie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.