Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

used Resmed Air Curve 10 (need help)
used Resmed Air Curve 10 (need help)
Hello,

i bought a used air curve 10 with 11 hours of total use on it.. i was wondering what i needed to do to sanitize it before use.  I won't be using any of the supplied hoses but I read people mention don't buy a unit that was used by a smoker and something about O-zone.. can anyone clarify what that means? 

My current unit is making a whining noise when i breathe in or out and I can't get it repaired until Monday..

Thank you,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: used Resmed Air Curve 10 (need help)
The kit also came with a nebulizer kit… not sure what that is but if they did use it for 11 hours is it unsafe for me to use this unit 2nd hand? I have my own hoses mask and tank that will come off my unit that failed.. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem to use it. All it is using air from the room - no air from the user has gone through the machine.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, what do people mean when they say make sure it wasn’t used in o-zone?  So the nebulizer is also no concern?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2024, 04:07 AM)Fiveseven108 Wrote: Hello, what do people mean when they say make sure it wasn’t used in o-zone?  So the nebulizer is also no concern?

Ozone cleaning is a technique using Ozone, i.e., O3 gas, which can deteriorate plastics when used for a prolonged period. It is unlikely that the tube and mask (or the instrument) were damaged after such low usage. Also,  Ozone cleaning is not typically applied to the instrument because no contaminated air goes back to it. 

So you should not worry. Use your own mask and hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2024, 03:40 AM)Fiveseven108 Wrote: The kit also came with a nebulizer kit…

A nebulizer is a unit used by folk that have asthma or breathing problems. It delivers a medication to the lungs.
It is a totally separate thing and has nothing to do with a Cpap.

The AirCurve should be ok, just replace the hose, and air filter.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Give the water chamber a good soak in warm water and a few drop of Dawn dish soap, then rinse it well. Be sure to change the air intake filter as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
As stated, a nebulizer is a separate device used by patients with lung disease as a form of medication delivery. I have one, and can verify it's definitely separate from CPAP.

The CPAP should be just fine. Wipe down the exterior, maybe change filter, humidifier tub, and hose.

Access the clinical menu and perform a factory reset. Now you're certain on starting at a known manufacturer default.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for the information, much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd replace the humidifier chamber, hose, and airfilter (get the good ones for this machine as there is only one stage on the resmed machines)-as others have stated. There is only a small foam ring in this machine so there's nothing to worry about regarding foam and Ozone treatment-how many hours are on the machine itself?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirSense/Curve 10 jumper cable needed PappaJoe 3 255 07-21-2024, 10:53 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Air Curve 10 ASV Exceeded Motor Life Expectency Message - The final saga Sterling147 0 234 07-15-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Sterling147
Question (OSCAR)Help needed, with analyzing a breathing curve, any experience with this? :-) Letsfixthis 4 434 05-14-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Should I Buy It..Air Curve 10 VAuto WW4B 2 404 02-24-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow curve shape - what does it say? pezhead99 17 1,794 10-20-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: pezhead99
Sad [Treatment] Air Curve CPAP mode vs Asv Mode treatment central apnea Emtvalenti 2 645 05-28-2023, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti
  [Pressure] Air curve 10 lowering pressure to sleep first test Emtvalenti 0 498 05-19-2023, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.