Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel (/Thread-Flow-Limits-How-to-Upgrade-CPAP-to-Bilevel)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Sleeprider - 01-17-2024

Your husband in really going to like what we do here. Feel free to start a new thread, or better yet, sign him up and make him work for it a a bit. We really are not hard to get along with. Looking forward to seeing Mr. Deb K.

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Deborah K. - 01-17-2024

He already really likes and appreciates what this board does.  He knows you have helped me more than anyone, and we are both extremely grateful.  He doesn't visit any forums or boards of any sort, so I'll suggest it, but I think you will be stuck with just me.  Smile  I hope I can get his therapy to its very best!

On another issue, I'm still a little worried about my new machine.  I went in to change my trigger up and down several times (none of which changed the central apneas.)  Every time I run into the same problem when I hold the buttons and nothing happens.  I have to keep trying, unplugging, trying again, etc.  So far I have managed to get into the clinical settings, but I think there really is something wrong with the machine.  Do you think I should pursue this?

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - UnicornRider - 01-18-2024

Deborah how long are we talking about? If it like 10 to 15 minutes, definitely a problem. If it is more like 45 seconds to a minute, mine sometimes seems to take forever but then I found out all new software all new hardware is going to mess up until it gets used to the new owner. I also found out the more uncomfortable a position I had to get in to in order to press the two buttons the longer it seemed to take. 
    Time yourself and let us know. It also will be helpful to know if you do need to return the unit.

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - OpalRose - 01-18-2024

Deborah,
Press the Round Knob and the Home Button at the same time.  
It should only take 3 seconds.  
The "Settings" screen should be highlighted.  Press on it once.  
Now you can scroll down to change whatever settings you wish.

Do you have the Clinician's Manual ?

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Deborah K. - 01-19-2024

I know how the buttons work. The machine I just replaced is a ResMed Airsense 10, and getting into the clinical manual is just the same. The DME said sometimes the machines are like this but they've not seen any that actually stopped working. I will give it time and see what happens.

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Deborah K. - 01-23-2024

To try to drop my Central Apneas I have moved my Trigger to very high.  I've had a few 0.00 since doing so.  Is there any reason why I should not leave it set so high?

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Sleeprider - 01-24-2024

If you're comfortable and in sync with the very-high trigger there are no adverse consequences. That is why it's there.

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Deborah K. - 01-24-2024

Thanks! I will stay with it.

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Valtor - 04-08-2024

(12-29-2023, 03:03 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: ...Using a 3-minute zoom of my flow rate graph, I kept bumping up my PS until the majority of the upper peaks on the waveform were rounded and not square...

May I ask by which increments you made those changes, 0.2 or higher?

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Crimson Nape - 04-08-2024

I started with 1 cm increments until I achieved a good waveform. Once this was established, I started backing down in .4 increments until the form started to diminish. Again, I bumped it back up by .2 cm until the form was restored.
- Red