Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA (/Thread-First-night-with-new-Bipap-after-sleep-study-and-37-AHI-mostly-CA)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA - SarcasticDave94 - 04-06-2024

How comfortable was the old ASV?

With the event flags showing, myself would consider EPAP Min and Max increase by somewhere between 1-2 each. PS maybe needs updated, but I'd probably do 1 thing at a time to pinpoint tying result to edit.

RE: First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA - PandaZA - 04-06-2024

It was very comfortable - so much so that I can say I didn't want to take it off.  Smile

RE: First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA - SarcasticDave94 - 04-06-2024

I guess you could do that if you want. No shower with it though ok.

RE: First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA - PandaZA - 04-06-2024

Haha!

RE: First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA - Sleeprider - 04-06-2024

Keep an eye on the UA and H events. If those remain at a high level we will increase EPAP.

I did have another question when I was originally diagnosed they mentioned the central apneas, but still the diagnosis was obstructive sleep apnea. Would this be considered a central diagnosis?

On the Central Apnea diagnosis, what I'm seeing is higher Central counts than Obstructive on that posted test. So basically yep. ASV's goal in life is Central Apnea combat, and it normally wins.

Lots of people that have more Centrals will still end up on CPAP first. Follow the money for why this happens. Insurance would rather you get cheap ok treatment than great but more expensive treatment.

RE: First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA - jcp519 - 04-06-2024

Those charts are a big improvement over the old ones! I'd say Dave's recommendations are probably good. From my personal experience, raising EPAP min makes things more comfortable and keeps events from happening in the first place.

Only a doctor can really diagnose you, but it looks like from your sleep study you have predominately central apnea with some obstructive mixed in.

RE: First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA - PandaZA - 04-07-2024

Attached is last night's Oscar data. 1.75 AHI and slept for close to 7 hours without waking up.

Would you change anything at this point?

[attachment=62353]

RE: First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA - jcp519 - 04-07-2024

I would say bump up EPAP min to 5 or 6 and bump up EPAP max to 10. This will give the machine a little more room to work with, while cutting out some of those H and UA events.

Also, it says you were in apnea for 4 mins and 16 secs, but only had 2 apneas total. Zoom in on those UA events. There's no way that number is correct because you would have stopped beathing for a long time.