Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel (/Thread-Flow-Limits-How-to-Upgrade-CPAP-to-Bilevel)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - OpalRose - 12-27-2023

Deborah,
The Ti Max 2.0, Ti Min 0.3, Trigger Med, and Cycle Med are the default settings.
You'll probably want to leave them as is unless someone looks at your graphs and see a reason for change.

Except for the Ti Max setting that Red mentioned. I have mine set higher too, which allows for that occasional long inspiration.

Good luck, and don't forget to order the Clinicians manual.

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Sleeprider - 12-27-2023

Congrats on the new machine. I agree with what Red and OpalRose have said above. I think you're really going to like the bilevel therapy and wonder why it took so long to get here.

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Deborah K. - 12-27-2023

I had my first night with the bilevel, and all went well.  I am attaching Oscar results from last night and the night before.  You will note that there are quite a few differences.  I still show a tiny amount of flow limits.  I'm sure you folks can tell me how to get rid of them.  I even had better leak results!  Maybe because I did not need as much pressure?

[attachment=57712]

I am having trouble attaching my Oscar screenshots.  I pull up the screenshot and hit F12.  It shows that I have done it, but when I come here and click 'add attachment' and then click 'insert into post' it inserts the usual [attachment=57712].  But when I go to preview all that show up are large letter size blank pages for each attachment.  What am I missing?  This has never happened before. Dont-know  Yikes!  I just went to see my preview and because I typed in the words indicating the name of the attachment, it added the big blank pages I mentioned.  Now what?

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Nightynite - 12-27-2023

Congrats on the new machine Deborah. Following your adjustment process so I can learn something for when I get my vauto.

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Crimson Nape - 12-27-2023

Maybe you were typing in disappearing ink. Smile Please remind me what OS your computer is running.

- Red

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - ejbpesca - 12-27-2023

Hello,

I found your Thread title and jumped right to it for information.  It seems I too may have needed a BiLevel machine all these years.  I recall hearing of them many years ago but thought they were for special cases outside my realm of apnea, and had I needed one my 4 sleep studies would have shown I needed BiLevel not CPAP/APAP.  Studies were done 13 - 15 years ago.  Over these years, I have never felt I have gotten proper therapy from my 4 CPAP machines.

I now have my min. pressure very high and it may be working better than the SOP 8-20 pressures my medical sleep people automatically assign to all CPAP machines. (They set it and forget it.)  DME is no help either.

Thanks to folks here, I am finally getting help/advice and answers to why therapy for my apnea rarely results in good sleep.

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Deborah K. - 12-28-2023

Red, I use Windows 10. I have used this for some time and have never run into this problem before. I am befuddled.

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Crimson Nape - 12-28-2023

Awhile back, I had a problem with the video card graphics engine firmware. After they pushed out an update, my screenshots were solid black. I changed the rendering engine in OSCAR and that corrected the problem.

- Red

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Deborah K. - 12-28-2023

Red, I don't understand your answer. I gather that you are talking about something that I cannot do with Oscar. Are other people having my problem in trying to post Oscar screenshots? Or is this just happening to me? In any case, it's time for me to use my machine for the second time. I can see that my therapy is better, and I slept very well and straight through for 9.something hours. I'm happy!

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Crimson Nape - 12-28-2023

I was thinking that the white image you posted was the screenshot from OSCAR, when you pressed the F12 key.   I was describing a similar experience, but my images came out totally black.  I changed the graphics engine to correct it. (File > Preferences > General > Graphics Engine)

- Red