Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel (/Thread-Flow-Limits-How-to-Upgrade-CPAP-to-Bilevel)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Sleeprider - 12-28-2023

Debrorah K, until you sort out the Oscar screenshot issue, you might be able to use the Windows screenshot function by pressing Windows Key + Shift + S to use Snipping Tool, which lets you capture the whole screen, individual windows, or certain areas.

Alternatively you can instantly save a screenshot as an image: Press the Windows key and the PrtSc keys at the same time. This saves your screenshot as a PNG file to the Screenshots folder in your Pictures folder. You need to upload that file to Apnea Board in a reply the same as an Oscar screenshot, but from the Pictures location.

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Deborah K. - 12-28-2023

Sleeprider, I did both things you suggested and captured the Oscar image.  But now when I try to copy, either by the usual way or by using the F12 button, nothing shows up in the post except the numbers assigned to the pictures.  Is there a trick to copying photos besides the usual ways of copying things?  As you can see, I'm not very computer literate - sorry.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=57729]

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Crimson Nape - 12-28-2023

I put the image in your post, above. Here are the instructions to attach and insert an image into a post.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Attaching_Images_and_Files_on_Apnea_Board#How_to_Attach_an_Image_on_A_PC.2C_Laptop_or_Mac

- Red

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Fixit50 - 12-28-2023

That looks like a pretty good nights sleep. Did you wake up at all during the 9 hours??
I'm not as good with this as others, but the only thing I noticed is it looks like your tidal volume is a little low. Is this normal for you?
It looks like your flow limits are really low. I hope I can get that once I migrate to Bilevel!

Red, thanks for putting that up for me.  I actually know how to put attachments on the board, I just couldn't get it to work this time.  Maybe it's my computer - I don't know.

Fixit, yes I had a great night, and I did sleep straight through.  I have learned that if I stop drinking anything a couple of hours before I sleep, I can usually sleep straight through.  And yes, the flow limits are much better. I'm hoping for none soon if that's possible.  I'm sure yours will drop too with a bilevel. As to tidal volume, I did not know it was low until Sleeprider pointed it out.  It has not changed so far.  Maybe it's normal for me, or maybe changing some settings will help it go higher.  Time will tell.  Smile

DeborahK, welcome to the world or VPAP. What a great result!  I just thought I'd pull one of the last images you posted with the Airsense 10 CPAP and post it for comparison. EVERYTHING is better!

CPAP
[Image: attachment.php?aid=56043]

VPAP
[Image: attachment.php?aid=57729]

Yes!  It's a lot better.  I'm really happy with my new machine!  I know my therapy will be better from now on.  Is there something I can change to make the flow limits disappear altogether?  If not, it's okay because they sure are nice and low.  And can I do anything to make my tidal volume rise?  Or is that just normal for me, or indicative of a health problem that I am unaware of?  Doctors listen to my chest and back every time they see me, and I have been to see two of them in December for checkups.  Neither has commented on what they hear, so I have always assumed all is well with my lungs. I know that I have child sized sinuses, so maybe my lungs are small for an adult also. Who knows?

No harm in trying PS 4.2 or 4.4. We want to make relatively small changes and see where it takes your comfort.

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Deborah K. - 12-29-2023

I moved my PS to 4.4 and my flow limits were even less.  Yay!  I may nudge it up to 4.6 tonight and see if I get a flat line.

I'll be out of town for several days and may not have computer access.  So if I don't respond to anything, that is why. Again, thanks for all your help! I-love-Apnea-Board

RE: Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel - Crimson Nape - 12-29-2023

This worked for me, but it may not be for everyone.  Using a 3-minute zoom of my flow rate graph, I kept bumping up my PS until the majority of the upper peaks on the waveform were rounded and not square.

- Red