Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data for low AHI vs high AHI days - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data for low AHI vs high AHI days (/Thread-CPAP-Need-help-analyzing-OSCAR-data-for-low-AHI-vs-high-AHI-days)

Need help analyzing OSCAR data for low AHI vs high AHI days - ceezee - 06-03-2024

I use a Resmed Airsense 10 with an AirFit F20 mask, and I've been having a consistently good AHI normally under five. Recently however random days Ill have an AHI upwards of 6-10, sometimes even higher. The next day things will return back to normal and AHI goes back to under 5 without me doing anything differently. I am kind of confused with the OSCAR data as I was expecting to see leaks being the culprit but it doesnt seem to be due to leaks. 

I will attach a screenshot from a day where my AHI is under 5 and another where my AHI is almost 10. If someone could help me interpret what may be causing the problem that would be super appreciated. Thanks!

AHI under 5:
[attachment=65038]

AHI above 5: (The last row in the event flags sections blocked by the random popup are RERA (RE) and correspond to the yellow lines on the graph)
[attachment=65040]

RE: Need help analyzing OSCAR data for low AHI vs high AHI days - Jay51 - 06-03-2024

I see a couple of problems.  
1.  Very high flow limitations. 
2.  You are bumping up against your maximum pressure (it could probably be raised higher to help). 
3.  Some of your events cluster (positional apnea).  Using a flatter pillow, possibly changing postion from back to side sleeping, or last resort getting a soft cervical collar.  Just measure the distance from your chin to your chest in inches and fractions of an inch to get the correct size.  
4.  You have too many leaks at times (not too terribly bad though). 
5.  You have EPR set at 2 full time.  

So where to start?  You can try the 3 things on positional apnea 1st - pillow, sleeping position, and/or soft cervical collar.  When your chin tucks to your chest, it can partially obstruct, or even totally obstruct your airway.  Not good.  

You can increase your max pressure from 14 to 15 or more if the above things don't immediately help.  You can go slow by 0.2 increases if you want to also.  

You can try increasing EPR to 3 full time to see if that lowers your flow limitations also. 

Here are a few tips also to help combat mask leaks.   Mask Primer

RE: Need help analyzing OSCAR data for low AHI vs high AHI days - staceyburke - 06-03-2024

Flow limits cause increases in pressure. I suggest

EPR 3 FULL TIME

RE: Need help analyzing OSCAR data for low AHI vs high AHI days - ceezee - 06-03-2024

Thanks for the advice! I'll apply these changes and see if there is improvement.