Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] NEW USER! OSCAR HELP! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] NEW USER! OSCAR HELP! (/Thread-CPAP-NEW-USER-OSCAR-HELP)

NEW USER! OSCAR HELP! - avogel333 - 10-07-2024

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the Apnea Board and could use some help analyzing my OSCAR data. I am also new to CPAP therapy and am slowly taking to it, but it can be very overwhelming trying to figure out the proper settings. I have been using the AirSense 11 for the past 16 night and am not feeling the benefit of it yet even though I am having a low AHI.

I was hoping someone could take a look at my OSCAR data for the last four nights (finally got a SD memory card so this is my first Oscar data). 

I am still not feeling well rested, but do feel like I am sleeping better. Another issue I am dealing with is bad congestion and sinus headaches. I am using the Airfit 10 mask and like how it feels, but it is causing sinus issues for me. I finally got a hose cover and was able to turn up the humidity to 5 now (i got rainout before) without rainout in the hose. That has helped. Also, I tried humidity 6 and got rainout with temp at 80 degrees. I am using Xclear to keep my nasal passages moist and that has also helped. Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you everyone! I am learning and am determined to make the AirFit mask that I currently have work because it is comfortable and fits my lifestyle. Suggestion that help me move forward with the same equipment is preferred. I am excited to hear suggestions on how I can optimize my settings based on my data.

RE: NEW USER! OSCAR HELP! - G. Szabo - 10-07-2024

Your AHI and flow limits are excellent. So, you do not need to really touch the settings.   
However, you might try the suggestion below to see if you feel better.  

Mode: APAP
minimum/maximum pressure =7/12 cm
EPR=3
Ramp off   

I had similar humidity issues. The higher the humidity, the less congestion I have. So, I have been running it with a 30C hose temperature and maximum humidity setting. Sure, I have a rainout, but I do not care.

RE: NEW USER! OSCAR HELP! - avogel333 - 10-07-2024

Thank you so much for your time, help and suggestion. It’s  really appreciated. I will give those settings a try tonight.

Did you see any issues with my leakage rate? And would mouth taping help with that?

I will post my Oscar chart from tonight tomorrow evening! 

Again, thank you for your help!

RE: NEW USER! OSCAR HELP! - avogel333 - 10-07-2024

Thank you so much for your time, help and suggestion. It’s  really appreciated. I will give those settings a try tonight. 

Did you see any issues with my leakage rate? And would mouth taping help with that?

I will post my Oscar chart from tonight tomorrow evening! 

Again, thank you for your help!