Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AirCurve 10 with side cover making noise
AirCurve 10 with side cover making noise
I don't use my humidifier so I got the side cover for the AirCurve so that I could get a smaller bag for when I travel.

Apparently the humidifier chamber also provides sound muffling, because with the side cover I am getting so much noise now.  The best way I can describe it is as a humming sound that gets a tad louder on inhale, but I can hear it as a steady hum even if I hold my breath.

Does anyone have experience with any other ways to muffle the sound while still using the side cover instead of the humidifier tub?  Is there somewhere I can stuff some foam or something without hurting the machine or affecting its performance?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirCurve 10 with side cover making noise
I have a Resmed 10 and i get crazy noise on inhale. What worked for me to stop it is slamming it in all the way to make sure the seal is very very tight.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirCurve 10 with side cover making noise
I fixed my problem by cleaning the seals and making sure everything was tight.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with setting up AirCurve 11 VAuto BiLevel timmytoo 1 30 2 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart Raven87 28 688 3 hours ago
Last Post: Raven87
  [Equipment] advice for a side sleeping, mouth breather on a mask? hwnboy 5 121 05-08-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: hwnboy
  Need simple explanation of Aircurve 10-ST record of poweringboff Yogiky 4 117 05-05-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Algorithm change in the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV terp1984 2 145 05-05-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 7 332 04-28-2024, 01:05 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
Question [Pressure] Intermittent leaks on my AirCurve 10 Daniel5584 2 138 04-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.