Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart
RE: Why is my flow rate so unstable
FYI, some information on the preferred way to post charts. This is helpful so that there's enough information available to give pertinent advice.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
Get rid of that monthly calendar and we can see the respiratory stats.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My bad, here is more detailed data.

Post Reply Post Reply
Results at fixed pressure 14 without SoftPAP seems to work very well. I don't see any indication of flow limitation, and there are few events. Respiratory stats are very good with tidal volume of 700 mL and minute vent of 14.0. You're one of the few individuals I have seen meet or exceed my own volumes. If you're comfortable, you certainly don't need my approval to continue with these settings. Looks great.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Sleeprider thanks for taking the time to check it out.

But why does the flow rate have so many spikes? From my understanding, it should be relatively flat.

And what would explain my fatigue if the results look good? Should I make any changes?
Post Reply Post Reply
My flow rate has plenty of spikes. If you feel okay, I would not think much about it, theyl may or may not represent arousal. I tend to have a lot of deeper breaths during the night, and they show up as spike. In many cases, I would judge them to be arousals or awakening based on the more irregular breathing pattern that follows. As we age, I a greater number of arousals is normal, so it might be that. I don't think your SoftPAP is off. The stats show 2-cm of pressure relief and the settings show SoftPAP at slight and I'm not sure what the 4.0 cm means.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
My bad, softPAP was set to 1 previously.

This is with softPAP off and pressure at 13(data from last night's sleep).

This doesn't look right to me at all...

Post Reply Post Reply
You still have some few hypopneas and RERA flagged even it doesn't tell the whole story.
Did you try higher pression, 15, 16, 17? Are you able to manage higher pressure without being disturbed and without too much leak? If yes, you could try but maybe you already tried?
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Do i need a soft cervical collar?
Should I try a soft cervical collar? The reason I'm asking is I've been on CPAP therapy for over a year now and I don't feel any better.

If you take a look at my flow rate, why does the blue part look so smooth and the red part is so chaotic?  I'm suspecting there are lots of arousals going on while I sleep. 
Every night looks similar to this, and AHI ranges from 0.3-2.7 but I still feel like crap.

Thanks guys.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1 year on CPAP - No progress
I have merged your last thread on whether you need a soft cervical collar. This question is best considered in context with other therapy threads, so I have combined several threads on therapy. Nothing in your last chart looks like it warrants a soft cervical collar or suggests positional apnea. I have modified the title of this thread to hopefully bring in the experts on the Lowenstein Prisma Smart.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is average hours per year on CPAP machine? sleepingbetterinFl 1 101 07-10-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 150 5,788 07-08-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Schernenk
  MVoltaire's - Lövenstein prisma 25 ST (Therapy & Titration thread) MVoltaire 3 164 07-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  Lövenstein prisma 25 ST aergun 7 901 07-03-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Mouth leaks progress through night bamba415 6 351 07-01-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: bamba415
  Löwenstein Prisma 20A dimensions ozbusa 0 115 06-28-2024, 07:47 PM
Last Post: ozbusa
Question [CPAP] One year in, puzzled by OSCAR data sleepyvet 1 175 06-25-2024, 05:47 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.