Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] One year in, puzzled by OSCAR data
Question 
One year in, puzzled by OSCAR data
Hi everyone,

I am a 41 year old male and have been on CPAP therapy for about a year. I've had a sleep study done while I was in the service about 20 years ago and my AHI at the time was ~22. After the sleep study diagnosis, I had uvulopalatopharyngoplasty, which resolved my OSA for few years before daytime sleepiness returned. At age 40, I had another sleep study done, which indicated I had an AHI of 5.1 Despite the low AHI, CPAP has made a huge difference in my quality of sleep and I've been using CPAP religiously since. 

I am using AirSense 11 with ResMed F40 hybrid mask. My pressure is 8 - 18 cm H2O (I was initially prescribed 5 - 15 cm H2O) and EPR at 3. I am using the built-in humidifier and do not mouth tape. I've been reviewing my CPAP data using OSCAR and I am puzzled by last night's sleep data. My AHI was unusually high and event flags are all over the place. Can someone take a look and help me understand what's happening?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: One year in, puzzled by OSCAR data
Welcome to the Apnea Board,

If you'll look at the clustered event look on OSCAR that you've added, it's possible they're affected by Positional Apnea. This can be a chin tuck type of restriction that can happen, especially if there's thick pillows or several stacked. It can be by other means as well, side sleeping and a poor neck alignment.

If the pillow stack isn't it, look at the wiki about a soft cervical collar to get more info to prevent this.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...cal_Collar
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  After 1 year break trying to get CPAP therapy to work again nandrew 3 62 3 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 121 5,008 5 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
  [CPAP] (I'm Tired) Please help interpret my Oscar data frolic 2 129 07-31-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] New to CPAP - Please help me understand my OSCAR Data hyrola 3 131 07-31-2024, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Sleeptechmaster
  First night with data / OSCAR interpretation? goodmorning 3 111 07-30-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: goodmorning
  OSCAR data interpretation. Reggie Larsen 2 95 07-30-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  New CPAP/APAP user looking for advice and OSCAR data interpretation sanchez 4 230 07-29-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.