Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

20 minutes recorded for full night's sleep
Surprised 
20 minutes recorded for full night's sleep
I had a crazy night last night.  I slept straight through quite comfortably with my 11-day-old machine, but when I woke my machine and Oscar both said I had slept only 20 minutes!  I assume the recording part of the machine malfunctioned.  I called my DME and he said it possibly could have been a small power blip.  I will call again tomorrow if this happens tonight.

Has anyone here ever had this happen?
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 20 minutes recorded for full night's sleep
I think it might be a good idea just unplug the brick transformer from the wall for a few minutes.
I have no idea what it does but I have been told this on other electrical devices, like cable tv box, battery powered generator. Can’t hurt .
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like your CPAP's time/date may be off, and you crossed its noon day change.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Red, no, I checked it and my DME could see it too. It had however reset the clock and did not match the time I showed at home. I reset the time and I'll unplug and replug as Nightynite suggested. Can't hurt and might help. Thanks to both of you!
Post Reply Post Reply
In case you have a bad battery or defective clock, check the time after you plug it back in.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, last night was better but still weird.  When I went to bed I found myself feeling like too much air was blowing and it was a little harder to breathe.  I got up and checked my settings.  I had set PS to 5 but found that the machine had mysteriously reset itself to 5.8, probably a result of the night before's blip.  I set it back to 5 and went back to sleep.  My machine said I slept 10.05 hours (I was exceptionally tired, so that was okay) and had an AHI of 0.2.  But Oscar said I slept 9.36 hours (probably correct because of the time spent resetting the PS) and showed an AHI of 0.3 instead of 0.2.  Here's the Oscar report:

I don't understand the big empty space, as it seems to indicate a very long passage of time.  It also showed a slightly higher AHI.  The other weird thing is that the prior night's report now shows up correctly:

Maybe last night's report will correct itself tomorrow?  Weird!  This morning I checked all my settings to be sure they were correct.  They are.
Post Reply Post Reply
Scroll down on the left side to see each session in that day's data. You can turn off the noon session. The newer OSCAR releases may require you to go into the Preferences > Clinical tab and set it to Passive, in order to turn off sessions.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
What time are you going to bed and arising? It looks to me like your machine time is off by 12-hours. On 1/4 it shows therapy start at 04:45 AM (afternoon) and going to Noon. The on January 5, you have short session from noon to 12:30, then therapy starts at midnight and goes to about 9:30 am. You may have set the time in that period which would explain the odd times. Double check the time on the machine some time this evening before starting therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sleeprider.  When my DME told me to reset my time I moved it forward a couple of hours to the correct military time.  I think I probably moved it to AM instead of PM, so just now I reset it going ahead 12 hours, so maybe it is now on PM time as it should be.  The machine does not indicate AM or PM.  I hope it is now fixed.  I guess I will see tomorrow.

Also, have any of you ever had this happen?  I'm still not sure if something is wrong with my brand new and hard to get machine.  I sure hope not!

(Off Topic) How can some of you see more than is posted when we put up screen shots from Oscar? I can only see what immediately shows up on the screen. What magic do you perform to see the whole Oscar report?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what you mean, but this is what I see:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=58038]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Throat and windpipe full every morning. John Leslie 5 191 08-28-2024, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] SD Card - Airsense 11 - How do you know if data recorded dekory419 2 150 08-28-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: dekory419
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 213 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  Considering full face mask until I can fix my nasal breathing Ptee8899 11 571 08-25-2024, 08:13 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Full face mask and spare cushion recommendation faine 2 245 08-25-2024, 01:33 AM
Last Post: faine
  P10 Nasal Pillows to F40 Airfit Full Face Mask Settings? stevesleep 3 210 08-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Full Face Mask Leaks berkshire17 15 2,721 08-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: gymrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.