Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice
3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice
Hey Everyone, 

About 2 months into my CPAP use. Currently still dealing with a lot of fatigue/tiredness/fog and struggling to be comfortable and keep the mask on at night with many wake ups. 

Currently rotating between the Resmed P10 and the Dremwear Full face cushion. 

Wondering if there is anything in my charts that would improve some of my symptoms. 

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice
Therapy looks okay at 5-11 EPR 2, but I would increase minimum to 7.0 and try EPR 3. That would further reduce flow limits and should help with obstructive events. It's possible it may increase CA events, but hard to know without trying. The higher pressure and EPR will stabilize pressure and may be less disruptive. Welcome to Apnea Board.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! Will try this tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2024, 08:35 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Therapy looks okay at 5-11 EPR 2, but I would increase minimum to 7.0 and try EPR 3. That would further reduce flow limits and should help with obstructive events. It's possible it may increase CA events, but hard to know without trying. The higher pressure and EPR will stabilize pressure and may be less disruptive.  Welcome to Apnea Board.

Thanks for this, here is updated data. Still pretty tired and last night sleep was a little rough. Anything you see in last nights data?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
This pressure range with EPR appears correct and resulted in improved flow limits, tidal volume but did not change AHI, which remains mainly CA events. I expect these will resolve as you adapt to the pressure and improved ventilation, but it's something to watch. Sleep quality can be related to CPAP therapy if it is disruptive or uncomfortable, but not all sleep quality issues are attributable to PAP therapy. Do you have specific issues you want to work on with regard to the PAP therapy? It is sometimes a matter of time and adaptation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2024, 09:54 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: This pressure range with EPR appears correct and resulted in  improved flow limits, tidal volume but did not change AHI, which remains mainly CA events. I expect these will resolve as you adapt to the pressure and improved ventilation, but it's something to watch.  Sleep quality can be related to CPAP therapy if it is disruptive or uncomfortable, but not all sleep quality issues are attributable to PAP therapy.  Do you have specific issues you want to work on with regard to the PAP therapy?  It is sometimes a matter of time and adaptation.

Regarding sleep/therapy, I am hoping to resolve my issues with wake up and wake up time. I have many frequent wake ups, which are mostly okay and I seem to fall back asleep rather quickly. But I have one long wake up every night. Around an hour to an hour and a half after falling asleep, where I am awake for at least an hour. Last night I was awake from about 23:15 to 00:15. 

Feeling wise just hoping to improve the fog/fatigue & daily tiredness. But know this will come in time. 

Thanks again for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Advice needed - anyone with Oscar experience! limoz 5 180 07-31-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New CPAP/APAP user looking for advice and OSCAR data interpretation sanchez 4 231 07-29-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  10 days in, how does my data look? mtnjames 4 152 07-25-2024, 12:51 PM
Last Post: mtnjames
  Mild Apnea Advice Please (OSCAR) PulpFriction 6 214 07-15-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  39/Male - Diagnosed on 1/19/24 - Looking for Advice + Oscar Data JRuck504 8 242 06-21-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: JRuck504
  Help! How long (days/months) are sleep study results valid for? ApneaNewbie 7 6,842 06-21-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: JRuck504
  Help me understand these OSCAR charts and self-titrate my BiPAP uarsapnea90 8 426 06-11-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.