Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Looking for Oscar data insight
Looking for Oscar data insight
Hi all. I’m on 2 weeks of consistent therapy. My sleep study showed minor apnea, but lots of RERA interruptions causing bad sleep architecture and lack of REM.

I’ve been at basically full auto with 5-10 pressure. Last night I bumped my minimum up to 7 and turned humidity up to 6 because I’ve been having dry mouth. Looks like a lot of leaks I wasn’t aware of, despite ResMed saying “great seal”. AHI is quite low, but still not feeling a lot of benefit from therapy. Any insight into what’s working and what’s not?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for Oscar data insight
My sleep doctor told me he doesn't look at the data during the first month except to make basic adjustments. He evaluates the therapy after three months. So 2 weeks might be too soon to judge whether the therapy is working for you. Am I reading this right--you slept 10 hours with a good AHI? That would be Christmas and my birthday.  When I get spikes in leak rates along with OA or other events, it's usually because I rolled onto my back. If I'm lucky, I roll onto my side again and everything goes quiet. Otherwise, I wake up and that's pretty much it for sleeping. Hopefully, some of the people who know OSCAR much better can shed more light on your data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, maybe I’m just not being patient enough. It’s just the data looks so good, I don’t understand why I’m not having the restorative sleep I was anticipating.
Post Reply Post Reply
It can just take time to start feeling the benefits, so patience should be your watchword. It's great that you're sleeping through the night with the mask and machine, but the new sensations may still be preventing you from getting all the deep and REM sleep you need to feel rested. With time, your brain will get acclimated.

Your leaks are by no means horrible, but I wonder whether they interfere a little with restful sleep. Do you breathe through your mouth during the day? If not, have you considered trying a nasal pillow mask?

In your place, I think I'd raise my minimum to 8 and increase EPR to 3. This will give you the same help you're currently getting with obstructive events, but it might also reduce your flow limitations. The FLs may or may not make a difference to the quality of your sleep, so an experiment might be worthwhile.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mouth breather and snorer for sure. I’ve got some mouth tape I may try tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Newbie and oscar data Trasto 5 173 10 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 33 1,266 Yesterday, 06:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 102 Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 11 270 Yesterday, 11:43 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar data help yoyoman2024 4 100 Yesterday, 10:44 AM
Last Post: yoyoman2024
Question Help w/ Oscar Data (recent mask switch) cpapillon 6 204 09-11-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Oscar Data Looks Fine, But Still Very Sleepy dvschwab 3 261 09-07-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.