Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

59Bugeye - Therapy Help Thread
RE: New member
My sleep study attached. Let me know what you thinks. Thanks so very much

Attached Files
.pdf   Gilfoyle.pdf (Size: 467.47 KB / Downloads: 7)
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest you remove the attachment and upload it again without your personal details.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your repost observed no CAs, but they dominated your last OSCAR. If we accept the outcomes of this limited short study, which should be repeated according to the doctor, then your CAs are treatment-emerging and should disappear with time.
Hence, I suggest a minimum/maximum pressure of 12/14 cm to deal with Hs and OAs. For now, keep EPR=1 because it was okay in your previous reports.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I really appreciate the feedback and ideas.  I'm trying what you suggested.
Post Reply Post Reply
How well do the at home sleep studies identify the difference between central apnea and obstructive?  I was reading on line and got different answers on this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
(09-29-2024, 11:05 AM)59Bugeye Wrote: How well do the at home sleep studies identify the difference between central apnea and obstructive? 
 Sleep studies performed in laboratories/hospitals with EKG and brain wave monitoring are the best you can get. Because there is no better benchmark, one can say that they identify the CAs with 100% accuracy.  Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m not sure I can make it that long I can’t even keep my eyes open during the day & can’t rest. I didn’t sleep until 3:00am this morning and got up at 7am no leaks no problem with mask or comfort. My mind & thoughts are fighting me. My wife says it’s all from deprivation of sleep. Thanks for listening
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to post your latest result so we can fine-tune your settings if needed.
Post Reply Post Reply

We changed the settings  to EPR 1, pressure min 12, max 14 on Sept 27 or 28.   Since then I am still exhausted, almost falling asleep standing up but then struggling to sleep at night.  I have a new patient appointment at a Neurology sleep clinic tomorrow. Here are two different nights just to show how the nights vary so much. 

Thank you for the help.  I really appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 59Bugeye - Therapy Help Thread
59Bugeye - I think your thread a matured to the point it needed a name change. I have changed it to be more descriptive. The new title is, "59Bugeye - Therapy Help Thread"
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ashleybjerke - Therapy Thread Ashleybjerke 11 387 Yesterday, 04:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 131 5,458 10-03-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Abdulfakih
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 3,002 417,532 10-02-2024, 06:56 AM
Last Post: CpapCamper
  MildOSAHighRera's therapy tuning thread MildOSAHighRera 17 1,294 09-30-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: THEVGE
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 31 1,077 09-29-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] TinySteve - Therapy Thread TinySteve 14 738 09-26-2024, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  evanms17 Therapy Thread evanms17 24 1,467 09-24-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: evanms17

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.