Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI going up
AHI going up
Hi, My name is Frank and I’ve been on Cpap for 20 years or so. Use My Resmed AirSense 11 (this is probably my 4th or 5th machine) with F20 mask nearly every night. I average around 7hrs a night.I used to use Quatro mask but switched about a year ago. Doctors always thrilled with me. AHI for years below 5. Last 6 months of so AHI creeping up and hitting 8 some nights. I know how to get into the clinical menu and have my pressure settings set to 13-17 for about 10 years with everything I can on auto set (Mode, heated tubing etc). Ramp time off, Auto set response standard, EPR is always on and set to 3. Mask shows no leaks. So when my AHI was over 8 the other night I switched my pressure to 13-18. AHI went to 14 last night according to my Resmed software. I have ordered an SD card so I can get some numbers from the free Oscar software but I’m not trilled about it after all these years. Don’t want to get into the weeds with all that info. Was there years ago. I’m a kind of set and thats it kind of guy. Anyway, sorry for the long post. BTW I’ve also lost about 30 LBS in the last year and a half. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Frank
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI going up
Yes, we need to see a couple of Oscar charts to offer advice on settings.  You don't need to get into interpreting things yourself (getting into the weeds), but people here will be happy to offer advice to help you.  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI going up
Welcome oscar52 Smile

Turn EPR off for now or down to 1 and see how you sleep, it does not help much for many folks, when I was using both of my resmed machines it made me sleep worse, the folks here use mostly resmed and haven't tried other vendors machines, EPR fulltime @ 3 has known issues with apnea and hyponea control (delayed inspiration return time too).

I hope you get the SD card installed quickly. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.