Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHIs way up after years of successful use
AHIs way up after years of successful use

Any help appreciated - after years of well controlled AHIs (1.0-2.0 with very few aberrations, which always seemed to be solved with a replacement hose or mask), in the last week I have had several nights of elevated AHIs, along with fitful/disrupted sleep. I have replaced hose and mask to no effect. Oscar charts from a few days attached. The data from 062924 is a real mess, because of me getting up and down a number of times to switch out hoses/masks, so not sure how insightful that is. Thank you for any insights/recommendations!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHIs way up after years of successful use
You have very good therapy until you don't, and the clustering of obstructive events is the clue that you're dealing with positional apnea. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea

Read the wiki article and consider how it may apply, and we can go into more details. You are using a Vauto which is a great device, yet you still have very high flow limits, even with PS at 7.0 cm. So this is not a problem with settings, it is a problem with the position(s) you sleep in or number of pillows or inclined sleeping. Your results with CPAP were actually better and the EPAP min at 4.0 is clearly a problem. You should be able to resolve this with a little detective work. I might increase EPAP min to 8.0, PS 5.0 and IPAP max 18.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Diagnosis] cpap since 2 years .tired jeje 11 410 07-15-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: jeje
  Here are my results, struggling for 10+ years. UARS? Air007 7 432 06-26-2024, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Two years into xPAP, still not feeling well. RickRock 5 389 06-25-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: RickRock
  Why so many AHIs while awake? gardencat 6 354 06-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: gardencat
  [Equipment] Successful equipment modification tcurran 9 849 05-14-2024, 02:18 PM
Last Post: SistineKid
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 15 1,650 05-04-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad 7 Years of Pap Therapy and Still Utterly Fatigued. Top doctors Unhelpful kalensk 2 420 04-30-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.