Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV- Philips vs ResMed
ASV- Philips vs ResMed
I currently am using a Philips ASV, with the new foam. To make a long story short, would I be better off with the ResMed AirCurve 10-ASV? I have an opportunity to get it on Facebook Marketplace for only $300 and he claims it has low hours. Basically, is the ResMed algorithms better than Philips, for CSA events. The Philips has done a good job on my OSA, but not as good with CSA. Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV- Philips vs ResMed
I would say yes, ResMed will be better for you. I'm not a paid spokesperson just a former ResMed user of said ASV, that is waiting on a new machine to treat CA and COPD.

If this ASV is an actual ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV, get it please. We can help you set it up in minutes.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd get it and keep them both, one for backup. I'm a phillips guy, tried resmed in the past and prefer how the ds1s treat me when compared to the AS10s..I have just picked up a VautoAS10 machine, replaced the motor and will be trying it out tonight (after sanitizing it too-I have a thread on it if you search).
Post Reply Post Reply
How did it go?

Thanks. The Philips does a good job on my OSA. Unfortunately I have complex and supposedly ResMed is better for complex.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is a fabulous price for an AirCurve 10 Vauto!  Grab it!  Smile

And yes, most of us by far think the ResMed machines are better than the Philips.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2024, 11:04 AM)ZacharySimon Wrote: How did it go?

Thanks. The Philips does a good job on my OSA. Unfortunately I have complex and supposedly ResMed is better for complex.

Had to dial in the pressure more, took mask off and swapped machines back after a little over an hour, will try again tonight. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 66 8,498 1 hour ago
Last Post: btreger
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,984 393,993 07-21-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 11 2,152 07-08-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 186 32,390 07-01-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Philips DreamWear love/hate Leytonstone 2 283 06-14-2024, 07:49 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Understanding Philips Dreamstation data in OSCAR - A-Flex, leak rate and pressure? Stubert 3 319 05-16-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  nose cushion size Philips vs Resmed nnddcc 1 296 05-10-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.